1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197961693097 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by sea__, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sea__

sea__ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17374534
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197961693097

Victim profile: 76561197995014796

What happened? Description:
    Scammer sent me a friend request during a match of Counter-Strike and asked about purchasing my Gut Knife. I told him I'd had it for a long time and was not considering trading it, but asked him out of curiosity what he thought it was worth. He made an offer of $100 for it, and listed PayPal as one possible method of payment. I accepted the offer and inquired about the trade methodology. While I did so, I checked his Steam profile reputation as well as looking him up on this site. Since his profile looked good and he had no trade bans here, I moved ahead with the trade. He had far more rep than me, so I took the risk. After I verified the trade offer on Steam mobile, he stopped responding to me. I sent him a few more messages but he did not respond. When I went to comment -rep on his profile, I found he had blocked communication with me. I reported him on Steam and am now reporting him here.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshot names should be self-explanatory, but I offer a bit of additional detail, just to be sure:

- "chatlog1" through "chatlog4": Chatlog from Steam's Account Data page, because I had closed the chat window in the desktop client.

- "showing_link": I hovered over the user's name so that you could see his profile link in the lower left hand corner of Chrome.

- "trade_history": This screenshot from my trade history shows the trade offer with my PayPal link and that it was accepted.

- "scammer_profile" and "scammer_inventory": Showing the scammer's profile page and highlighting the presence of the item in their inventory.

- "paypal_activity": This is the Activity page from my PayPal account, showing that I have not received any funds from the person in exchange for the item.

If any additional clarification or evidence is needed, please message me so that I can provide it. I know I cannot get the item back, but I would at least like to see some consequence for this person's account.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.