1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561197963522497 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by david_519, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_519

david_519 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39197810
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561197963522497

Victim profile: 76561198038661349

What happened? Description:
    Hello this profile "WordHippo" advertises as Middleman, this means a Buyer and Seller get in touch with him. And exchange accounts/items through this person. He stole my account, images below

As of right now he stole my account and has it. I have asked him multiple times to give it back because I not receive payment. He just ignores. He has since deleted a 2nd comment I put on his Community page on Aug 11, and unfriended me. I am now not allowed to post on his Community page to warn others that he is Scammer

He has lots of reviews here, which trick your customers (kids playing on Steam) into using his service.

Please remove this user from your Community. He is Scammer! Please see my images of proof of the chat and e-mail me for more details if you need

I do not even care about my stolen account anymore - I want to stop this person from scamming more of your Steam customers!

Please contact me if you need more details. I really want to stop him from harming other people. I realize I will never get my stolen account back. Please help me, help the Steam community with your assistance. I have already reported scam to Steam but it came with message something like "We do not issue bans for scams, but we look for trends in scamming" This sounds to me like Steam will just ALLOW this person to keep scamming. Please do something on your website at least
    I think I provided all your Evidence Required. Please stop this person and mark them as scammer I am not sure how your website flags Scammers but please do something I am so sad for leaving my good account even after following Safety instructions from all over including your website

**Please look specifically at images "WordHippo 2 - Steam" and "Group convo 1" Where I asked this Scammer 'Can you type this word in Discord chat...' He confirms identity because directly through Steam I gave him that text, and the Discord account said exact text.​

Provide Evidence:
    See description for what happened

See the many attached images of full screenshots that confirm what I mentioned in Description section​

Attached Files:

2. david_519

david_519 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39197810
    Hello after my report above, I notice a Rejected report literally exact same scenario titled "Report: 76561197963522497 - ([Other] Other game items)"

Also forgot to include the 1st Steam chat messages with WordHippo, attaching here

Please stop this scammer from abusing more of your Steam customers. This is not good for the community or for your website

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.