1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561197963645242 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ToasterKritz, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToasterKritz

ToasterKritz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64100335
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197963645242

Victim profile: 76561198088466398

What happened? Description:
    I was contacted by someone offering to buy my unusual through marketplace.tf which Is fair enough, it is safe. They asked me to check its price on different sites, including skinsrun.com. The website prompted me to log in with steam using the steam api, unknowingly this gave the scammer my login details. After logging in it sent me to a png, but I believed him when he said it must be down for maintenance. I went on marketplace.tf and clicked deposit items, however after I accepted it on my mobile I never received the items in my marketplace.tf account. The marketplace.tf staff got back to me and responded with:

"I can see two trades where you tried to deposit said hat into one of our bots from your second screenshot. It is likely your account is currently compromised. There have been extensive phishing attempts done by fake steam login pages in the last month. Once in, the attack waits for trades to skin/item marketplace sites like ours before acting.

The attack involves canceling the original offer after it is accepted and replacing it with one to a fake bot. By the time you look at your phone, the trade has been changed to the fake bot and you have accepted the fraudulent offer created by the intruder in your account.

This can be verified by how you have a canceled offer to our real bot before the fake offer that you accepted.

You can see more on our blog post here https://marketplace.tf/blog/posts/YHLZOB

Your account is compromised, and you must change your password immediately."

This is supported with the screenshots where in my trade history, the real trade was cancelled and a new fake one was created and automatically accepted, where all I had to do was verify the trade on my phone unknowingly accepting a fake trade, the only way to know was to go onto the trade history, because on the confirmations tab there of course was only one trade, where a bot was impersonating a marketplace bot and made me sent the item to his bot instead of the real one. I then had to log out all steam instances and change my password, as someone commented on my profile stating that I got scammed. My account had already been hijacked to change trades. Hijacking is not part of steamrep reports, however this is directly tied to item fraud in the trading community. The bot that is trying to disguise is:

| steamname: Panda Bot
    | steam3ID: [U:1:872264704]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:436132352
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198832530432
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198832530432

As seen in its previous profile names, it has impersonated many other bots
    Note: I made this report the morning after, this happened around midnight and I needed to get some rest.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.