1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197964076492 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by conleys WINFORTUNE.CO, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conleys WINFORTUNE.CO

conleys WINFORTUNE.CO New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:156078376
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197964076492

Victim profile: 76561198272422481

What happened? Description:
    I posted a trade on the CS:GO trade forum, and got a response from him in minutes. I instantly could tell it was a scam, judging by the Artwork Showcase on his profile, designed to look like an Items for Trade box, filled with knives and a dragon lore. I called it out, and he claimed it was a design, and then immediately unfriended me. I added him again. He claimed that he would give me a Gut Knife Damascus Steel for my Stattrak AK-47 Elite Build BS and 4 keys. I instantly knew this was definitely fake, but I played along. He was using the old OPSkins.com scam, and I added him on Skype. I trolled him, and he left, and removed me as a contact. I added him again, and I told him that I knew he was a fake. He continued to deny being fake, and claimed he was the real Windoh, which he isn't, as Windoh is not the same Steam level as him. After I told him I would report him, he claimed he didn't care, and tried to change his customurl, but I already had his Steam64. Also, he just changed his customurl again, and made his account private once I told him he is getting reported.​

Provide Evidence:
    In these images, you can see him denying that he is fake, and that he is the actual Windoh's alternative account. You can also see the whole conversation.
    You can also see a fake trade URL, that brings you to the REAL Windoh's account to entice you.​

Tuesday, July 25, 2017
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: feelsbadman
    Windoh ♛: why?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: artwork showcase, thought those were yours XD
    Windoh ♛: haha lol its was just a design
    Windoh ♛: yep?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: why was i added? XD
    Windoh ♛: I added you cause im wondering are you open for trade?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: yeah
    Windoh ♛: ok your ak and 4 key against my ★ Gut Knife | Damascus Steel Mw
    Windoh ♛: http://steamcommunity.com/economy/item/730/2/10535005203/?l=english&o_url=windoh

conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: how do you make profit?
    Windoh ♛: i dont check price and it based on the float value so were just even fair
    Windoh ♛: but its up to you
    Windoh ♛: its your decision
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: whats the gut knife float?
    Windoh ♛: Float Value: 0.10807394981384277
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: ah
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: ok, ill trade
    Windoh ♛: so do we have a deal now?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: yeah
    Windoh ♛: Okay wait, btw are you familiar with Opskins?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: nope
    Windoh ♛: cause im currently buying and reselling items on opskins right now so i just want to make sure first that your items are 100% marketable on opskins dont worry i can help you how its just easy okay
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: Why can't we just normally trade? You have the knife in your inventory.
    Windoh ♛: yes of course we will trade
    Windoh ♛: but i want to make it sure first that your items is marketable in opskins
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: oh, okay
    Windoh ♛: op skins isnt extrenal you just need to go to the site and make sure its marketabl
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: alright. Ill do that now
    Windoh ♛: Okay wait, can you add me on skype?
    Windoh ♛: here is my skype id: Windoh Official™
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: I'm not allowed to have a skype :/
    Windoh ♛: dont worry you dont need to use camera
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: ok
    Windoh ♛: ok my picture their is im beside with the pool
    Windoh ♛: jeffer?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: yep
    Windoh ♛: ok
    Windoh ♛: ?
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: 1 second, looking for something
    Windoh ♛: okok
    Windoh ♛: your so disrespectfull
    conleys WINFORTUNE.CO: hey listen
    Windoh ♛ is now Offline.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      892.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      434 KB
      Views:
  2. conleys WINFORTUNE.CO

conleys WINFORTUNE.CO New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:156078376
    Also, as an update, 5.png is a screenshot of his profile before he made it private. I had his profile open as he changed it, and I was able to get the picture for you all.

Attached Files:

• 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      434 KB
      Views:
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @conleys WINFORTUNE.CO You need to make sure your steam client URL is enabled from now on as those screenshots of the users profile were worthless - you didn't even take the shot while still friends as it says ADD FRIEND.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Because you did that - you need to do the following instructions
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please follow up
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You have 24hours to follow up
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.