1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561197972383519 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Incarno, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incarno

Incarno New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33785993
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197972383519

Victim profile: 76561198027837714

What happened? Description:
    Let me just start off this report by saying that I've been a veteran trader for years and not once have I ever been a victim of fraud to this degree, and before anyone says anything I was banned from Outpost 4 years ago, but for nothing more than admin drama, I am a clean and respectable user and trader and an on and off longtime regular of Skial

I was approached by this user Tenneco and being the non trusting and cynical person I am, I checked absolutely everything I could possibly check; is steamrep, his profile, his everything. I am aware that alts exist of this guy but I made extra certain it was actually him and it was without a doubt in my mind this exact account that's been accused for sure, although I noticed some discrepancies with his typing and with his bio I attributed them to laziness. He offered me initially about 600 and the negotiations took a while because i was in between WoW Legion and I was naturally very skeptical, but finally I decided he was the person he said he was. So, I listed the 2 items on OPskins and immediately I received the notification I was expecting to receive. Now since I received these notifications almost immediately I did not deem it necessary to check his past names; mind you, I have not treated in almost a year, if not longer, and I'm completely unaware of the state-of-the-art new and improved scans these pieces of s✿✿✿ have come up with so like the dinosaur I am I traded the "bot" away $600. He had me share my screen on Skype and ironically it was my idea, even though I know now that's how the rapidity of the "bot" came about. I'm pretty done with TF2 and I see this as somewhat of a blessing and I don't exactly think $600 is a ton of money, but I do more than anything want to see this f✿✿✿✿er banned and the items DELETED at the very least

Can I take this to Valve? I don't care if I get VAC banned, I hardly even play video games at all anymore, I just want those items out of the nether​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] http://imgur.com/a/GhhNI

ID of the bot
    Peep the name history​

Attached Files:

2. Incarno

Incarno New User

Steam:
    I did not proofread this at all, I dictated it on an io site

"I was approached by this user"
    "mind you, I have not TRADED in almost a year"

Also sorry disregard that first gif lol, though it's hilarious isn't it
  3. Incarno

Incarno New User

Steam:
    Screenshot (12).png

Attached Files:

4. Incarno

Incarno New User

Steam:
    I guess I just want to focus on banning whoever gets the items, and would like advice on how to deal with Valve, I just want these items out of thieves' hands at the very least if I can't get them back
  5. Incarno

Incarno New User

Steam:
    Well sorry for linking the actual Strife, looks like it was just an excellent facade
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You have ZERO evidence here that is worth anything for this report and are you @Incarno saying you just accused the WRONG user?

You are also wanting to focus on banning whoever gets the items?? That won't happen - the items are gone regardless and Valve nor SR will do anything to track items or who gets them... its not a users fault for trading for an item that may have gotten scammed down the road.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Incarno You have 2 hours to reply - I'm not going to let a report hang on someone that isn't the correct accused.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Marking invalid due to lack of followup /reporting wrong user
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.