1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Report: 76561197994697258 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by 고고한 고고학자, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 고고한 고고학자

고고한 고고학자 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:220194343
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197994697258

Victim profile: 76561198400654415

What happened? Description:
    The trade was goind well. But for a fair and secure deal,He said he needed a middleman.
    The middleman was a steam community admin,But I thought the Middleman was suspicious,Real Steam Community administrator don't ask users for items.
    At this time, I felt like a suspicious middleman and Luke conspired with each other.
    At this point, I was partly lying. And after he said, "i sent a passing offer then he didn't accept it," I was very angry. He was lying to reassure me.
    Whether what he says is true or not,Anyone who sends 700 keys in the transaction proposal will receive them unconditionally.
    Why on earth did he want to see if the item was safe?
    If we had a normal deal, it would have ended right away.
    But he didn't want to exchange my 700 keys and my items, and instead tried to intercept the item by calling Middleman.
    In the end, I them and blocked them before making a deal.​

Provide Evidence:
    -Fraud attempt
    -middleman scam
    -Verifying items
    -Impersonating scams​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I need to verify the identity of the user you are reporting and this must be done asap!
    Issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide should you need assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

| steamname: Alex Assistance
    | steam3ID: [U:1:396966171]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:198483085
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198357231899
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/luckMOD
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198357231899
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @고고한 고고학자
    I've seen you log in twice today - you clearly see what I'm asking.
    I need to make sure you are reporting the correct user.
    Follow up in next 12hours or I will be forced to Decline report for inability to verify identity and likely reporting the wrong user.
  4. 고고한 고고학자

고고한 고고학자 New User

Steam:
    I don't see any friend settings

Attached Files:

5. 고고한 고고학자

고고한 고고학자 New User

Steam:
    First I want to apologize to the real Luke, he was Boobot. I think I am wrong because I judged by only the name of the profile. When he first spoke to me, I should have gone into his profile and checked it properly, but his name and profile picture looked so similar to Luke that I believed it was real and made a deal. It's also my fault, and two weeks after this, I believed Luke tried to cheat, and I filed a complaint with Steamrep. But until then, Boobot had no idea he was mimicking Luke. I was going to look up the chat log in the morning and I saw the block list. Luke should have been blocked, but Boobot was blocked. His profile had Luke's name on it, so I thought it was Luke's other account. Just in case, I looked it up at Steamrep and found out that Boobot was a fraud pretending to pretend to be someone else. I looked for more just in case, and I found out that Boobot, not Luke, cheated. Alex Assistance joined hands with Boobot and swindled me, and I took Luke's profile link, not Boobot's profile link, and posted it on Steamrap, which I think led to this misunderstanding. I'm so sorry, Lukeethemon buying backpacks were innocent, Boobot was cheating.
    I didn't really recognize this, and I posted it on Steamrap, so I'm also at fault.
    This is a link to the Boobot's profile.
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/lukethedemon1
    Once again, I'm very sorry for Lukethedemon buying backpacks.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Reported wrong user - gotcha! Please do not make reports here again unless you are 100% sure you are reporting the correct user.
    Doing so puts the one you did by mistake on the spot..we do not delete reports here so it stays, hopefully people read this and this response to know that it was clearly a mistaken report created. The other user was and has been tagged for years now - you failed to check that properly also..check users out better next time in the future.
    Rejected
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.