1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561197994841100 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by McFeely, Jul 17, 2014.

1. McFeely

McFeely New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52959963
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197994841100 ()

Victim profile: 76561198066185655

What happened? Description:
    Obvious attempt to try and either not pay/chargeback purchases. Account has been hijacked as per comments in his profile that have been removed and had the users saying them blocked (myself included).

Thu Jul 17 2014
    [2:53:48 PM] Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: ey
    [2:53:52 PM] SteelBear: Hi
    [2:53:56 PM] SteelBear: You selling buds, right?
    [2:54:09 PM] Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: not to you
    [2:54:13 PM] SteelBear: Why
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: becuase Im not particuarily keen on being stolen from
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: you didnt remove that comment on your pofile fast enough
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: already saw it, cnut
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: dont be so obvious about it either, ✿✿✿✿✿✿, you have literally 60 tf2 hours and no items.

This report probably doesn't have all the required evidence but at least there will be a report on him out there, because its painfully obvious that he is a scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    Also shortly after, this user added me to tell me that the scam was attempted on him as well by offering him a very good deal on some scout unusuals with paypal, and he told me that my comments on the scammers profile are what saved him, before they were deleted.

Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: hey
    qD_magnet #overseas: hey dude
    qD_magnet #overseas: 2 things
    qD_magnet #overseas: 1, thanks heaps for putting that comment on the dude's page
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: yeah its already been removed, hope it helped someone.
    qD_magnet #overseas: funnily enough he just offered me a (very risky-looking) paypal trade for my PE tossle and orb fire bonk boy
    qD_magnet #overseas: obv rep on steam profile isn't good enough
    qD_magnet #overseas: but he offered like $550 so ya, too good to be true
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: yeah im reporting him on steamrep now, unfortuntaley I dont have any solid proof other than the fact that its completely obvious, but hopefully something can be dnoe about it.
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: yeah you know what your doing obvs but alotta people dont unfortunately. Report him on steam to try as well, might get him trade banned which would be perfect.
    qD_magnet #overseas: yeah, cheers for that
    qD_magnet #overseas: yep, i reported him on steam
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: cool me too
    qD_magnet #overseas: also assuming the hijacking occured recently
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: yeah it looks like it. I saw someone else comment on it beofre me and they said the same thing and it got removed.
    qD_magnet #overseas: 2 comments (the one from valve employees) in mid-to-late 2012
    qD_magnet #overseas: then nothing till early 2014
    qD_magnet #overseas: mmm, fair enough
    qD_magnet #overseas: what did he offer you?
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: nothing at all, i have a trade open on sourceop for selling buds via paypal, he added me, said "your selling buds right" and i said "not to you'
    qD_magnet #overseas: ahah fair enough
    qD_magnet #overseas: so people know then?
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: well smart people do, but im sure hes adding dozens of people and id like to keep him from being able to do it to anyone if possible
    qD_magnet #overseas: fair enough
    qD_magnet #overseas: anyways, the other thing
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: yeah hes not particularily good at hiding it, so hopefulyl everyone will catch on, but you never know someone might screw up.
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: and yeah?
    qD_magnet #overseas: you interested in a scout set at all? http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21051392
    Corn Mutiny QS Clean GE Veil 14: nah dont realy play scout
    qD_magnet #overseas: ah kk, no worries​

Attached Files:

2. Qcerb

Qcerb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17287686
    My account was hacked. I warned other users once had to go to my home page, it has been hacked. As evidence, I cite data from tech support in the form of screenshots. I apologize for their inconvenience and for my english. 2014-07-24_225158.png 2014-07-24_225208.png 2014-07-24_225316.png
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    There is not enough evidence without the original chat between you and the accused.
    But he has provided information that proves that his account was hijacked.
    I will mark ready for review and let admin handle this.
  4. McFeely

McFeely New User

Steam:
    Thanks SIVARTZ. Initially mainly I put this report up even though I knew there wasnt enough evidence because 1) it was painfully obvious he was and therefore 2) if someone else were to do a background check on him, they would see the pending report on steamrep. Even without all the required evidence, they would at least not be tricked into thinking everything was cool. And thanks Qcerb for adding additional evidence, sorry about your account!
  5. Qcerb

Qcerb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17287686
    What can I do to remove the report from my page? I hate that my reputation is tarnished. Waiting for your early reply.
  6. McFeely

McFeely New User

Steam:
    Hey mods, so this guy re-added me and it seems that he has his account back in his hands from the hijacker. I'm not sure what processes you do about that (maybe just archiving the report, idk) but yeah, he's hoping to have the tarnish removed from his records - dunno if thats something that can even be done. Here's a screenie of our conversattion about this, seems genuine and that its back in the owner's rightful hands. http://puu.sh/arWR0/012b439638.png