1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198003902787 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ✪ dava, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✪ dava

✪ dava New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33256966
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198003902787

Victim profile: 76561198026779660

What happened? Description:
    Hey guys!
    I recently unboxed a Huntsman FN Doppler Sapphire and was very happy because it could literally pay my rent for a couple of months. Naturally I was looking to sell it and then I got recommended this RAYANMONT by a guy (that has since removed me and blocked me on steam so I can't find him again, he was probably in on it as well). RAYANMONT had tons of references that made him look even more reliable. I even contacted some of the references (they also blocked me) and they said that they went first in the trade and he sent them money through paypal afterwards. So I added this RAYANMONT and started talking. He wanted to contact me on instagram instead so I sent him my instagram and he messaged me (his instagram is "Josephcsgotrade" with 8000+ followers). We started discussing a price and settled for one. I was still kind of unsure because the i've been scammed before a couple of years ago (but this guy had a lot of references and trades done, right??) so he reassured me by sending screenshots of his trade history and paypal history which made me kind of at ease. In hindsight, he was very eager and wanted to trade fast which should have been a red flag for me. But anyways, he said he would paypal me directly after he got the trade offer. The next day after a bit of chatting and discussing, I sent him the trade offer. I checked my paypal and kept refreshing it, and to my surprise, no money was sent... So I messaged him saying I didn't receive any money, but I was already blocked on instagram (he also deleted his messages) as well as on steam. This guy is a scammer and I'm writing this to anyone that might need it to avoid getting scammed as I was. DO NOT TRADE THIS GUY!​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. ✪ dava

✪ dava New User

Steam:
    I just logged onto my other steam account and he has even put the knife on display. This guy...

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you have ZERO acceptable evidence of any scam here - no formal agreement noted thru steam chat as required.
    What little you did provide with that is unacceptable as its too cropped and edited to review.
    You are reporting a STEAM user not an Instagram user.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
  4. ✪ dava

✪ dava New User

Steam:
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198003902787

Victim profile: 76561198026779660

What happened? Description:
    Hello again Horse or any other admin who is reading this, earlier this week I made a post about being scammed by this RAYANMONT guy, but unfortunately it was declined. However, today he added me back on steam and asked me to take the post down which provided me with more "evidence". I will also try to respond and clear some things up from my last post. But first I'm going to say what happened again in case it isn't Horse who is reading this.

A few weeks ago I unboxed a FN Hunstman Doppler Sapphire with a 0.003 float (worth around 1500$) which, of course, made me very happy since I'm in college and that amount of money would go a loooong way. Anyways, I played with it for a while before deciding I wanted to sell it and I started looking around on different websites and groups for someone willing to pay for it. During that time I had a lot of different people add me on steam, some were scammers and some wanted to trade. Last week this guy with the steam name "HELPER" added me, I added him back and he messaged me telling me I had a couple of "scammers" on my friendlist. I thought nothing of it and thanked him for the help which he replied that if I wanted to sell my knife he could recommend some "legit" traders. I replied sure and he sent me the profiles of some people, one of them being this "RAYANMONT". I added RAYANMONT and asked if he was interested in buying my knife. He said yes and we started discussing a price (on steam) which we later agreed on 1300$ and that he was going to pay with paypal. He then asked if he could have my instagram because he was going away from his PC soon and it would be easier to discuss there. Me, being new to trading after a couple of years away from CSGO, said ok and sent him my instagram (which I now know was a big mistake).

On instagram I was getting hesitant and expressed this to him which he responded to by reassuring me that he wouldn't risk his "business of 6 years" for a 1300$ knife and that he had thousands of trades done. He showed me screenshots of his trades he has done in the past, his paypal account (including transactions he has done and how much money he had on it) as well as maaaany references (who I contacted and all said he was reliable). He also sent me screenshots (as well as link) of his profile on this (now I know, fake) website called "steamtradereps" where people supposedly leaves +reps (screenshot in attached files idk if I'm allowed to post links), he had 500+ +reps and 0 -reps and sent me a link of my own profile on this page to "Prove" that no one can remove a negative rep except the author of the comment. He also mentions someone called CHiLi a lot and that he has done big 13k$ deals with him before. This part is interesting because I read another post on this forum ( https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.195541/ ) where the scammer did the exact same thing. Used this steamtraderep site and also mentioned big deals with CHiLi. Anyways, I eventually fell for the scam and sent him the knife on the 12th of January. Right after I sent it, he quickly blocked me on steam as well as on Instagram and unsent all of his messages (but fortunately I was able to screenshot them before, even though it might not matter), he also changed his instagram username to "j0sephcsgo" and his steam CustomURL to "RNMNTCS" In hindsight, there were a lot of red flags that I should have detected but I guess I just wanted to sell the knife quick to get the money to pay rent.

Today (15th of January), RAYANMONT unblocked me from steam and asked me to take down the post because it is "bad for his business" and "it was declined anyways". He says he is sorry for scamming me "but he needs it. I have provided screenshots down below.

Lastly, I know that some screenshots are kind of bad, and as I said: I'm new to trading again after a couple years away from CSGO and at the time, during the "discussion" with RAYANMONT, I didn't even know about this website and what kind of evidence you required. Two screenshots are edited: one that shows my personal instagram and the other that shows the names of personal payments from my paypal, but as you can see from the paypal screenshot nothing has been received on the 12th of January or after. And as for the Instagram screenshots, I know that I am not reporting an Instagram user and that those are most of the screenshots (and clearly he knows that as well since thats probably the reason to why he wanted to talk on instagram) but from the first message on Instagram he clearly says that he is "RAYANMONT", which couldn't have been anyone else because he is the only one I sent it to. Unfortunately, the only screenshot of the first contact on steam I have is the one that starts with him saying "how about 1300$?" and me agreeing to it.

I hope these new screenshots of him unblocking me and asking me to take the last post down are good enough because I really tried to follow the guide to screenshots on this website.

If you have any questions about anything, or if there is something you want me to clarify, please let me know!​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

5. ✪ dava

✪ dava New User

Steam:
    Couldn't upload more so I need to upload here. And I forgot to mention that he blocked me again after he said "ok bye" in the most recent.

Attached Files:

6. ✪ dava

✪ dava New User

Steam:
    Also forgot to mention that after the trade I left a - rep on his steamtraderep profile and those screenshots of the steamtraderep is from today. It was removed and as you can see in the steamtradereps 2 screenshot, at the bottom, im also banned from commenting on it again.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please stop submitting this report - you do not have a FORMAL FIRST AGREEMENT noted anywhere and the conversation went outside of steam chat.
    No matter what the user asked about taking the report down which they can rightfully say but there is no proof that backs the situation first and foremost.
    This report is DECLINED and is final.
    I'm merging with the previous.

Report them to Valve if you like but there is nothing here that will be done based on policy/evidence requirements.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.