1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198006265285 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Double-Chin™, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Double-Chin™

Double-Chin™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45441680
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198006265285

Victim profile: 76561198051149088

What happened? Description:
    The first time I met Guy was when he added me to buy a couple of keys off of me for $1.80 each via PayPal. Since he had more reputation on backpack.tf regarding real-life money transactions, I agreed to go first. I sold him 13 keys and he gave me $23.40; it was a very smooth transaction.

3 days later, Guy messaged me on Steam asking about my Arcana Lucky Shot. He asked me if I had any in-game screenshots that I could show him. I showed him them and he was "dumbfounded". Then, he began to negotiate my price a bit based off of how much I sell my keys for. We came to a deal of $225, or roughly 125 keys. I was a bit worried about this because I hadn't done PayPal transactions this large. I asked if he could kindly screenshot the money he had in his PayPal account. Guy linked me the screenshot of his PayPal balance and he owned a little over ~$1,500. This was the screenshot that he messaged me: http://imgur.com/a/DlPbD. A few minutes passed and Guy asked to buy 100 keys off of me along with the Arcana Lucky Shot; he was going to be paying everything at once. After a bit of a hassle with Steam lagging, I eventually was able to send him 100 keys.

This next part got me thinking that Guy was getting a bit fishy. He offered me $108 on my Hellfire Milkman out of the blue. I even told him it was quite fishy to continuously buy my TF2 items. I buried the thought, thinking "He has more rep than me. What's the worse that could happen?" After a second round of negotiation, we came to a deal of $110 for my Milkman. The total was going to be $515. I sent him the Milkman.

The final part was when I became extremely suspicious and had doubt about what was truly happening. He bought all of the items that he wanted from me. I then told him my email address to send the $515 to. He told me he sent it, but nothing was coming up. I gave it about 3 minutes to appear and still nothing. I even messaged him a screenshot of my current PayPal balance. This was the screenshot that I messaged him: http://imgur.com/a/hb9jX.

Guy had officially blocked me. It showed him offline in chat and in a Team Fortress 2 game. I even sent a friend of mine to join his game. He replied back to me when he asked about the money he supposedly sent. He said Guy replied with "uhhhhhh" and left the game.​

Provide Evidence:
    I screenshotted images of our Steam chat from my Android and emailed them to myself:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/jLycg

Attached Files:

2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    You need to upload the screenshots of the chat to the forum. I've done the other two for you.
    vj0i9Fpg.png
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    ZpgNgRz.png

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. Double-Chin™

Double-Chin™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45441680
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we require evidence of chat through the Steam client, as such I will have to archive this report.

Thanks.