1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198008861292 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sebastian Nielsen, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebastian Nielsen

Sebastian Nielsen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5443765
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198008861292

Victim profile: 76561197971153258

What happened? Description:
    Attempt to trick me into "donating" the items by writing in the messages session that he sent me a 100 euro "paypal ticket".​

Provide Evidence:
    Note This is a attempted scam attempt that rejected after posting this report.
    Scam attempt also reported to Valve.

Note that the fraudster have never asked, nor got my paypal adress.
    I have a separate paypal adress that is completely separate from the steam adress or any adress of sites where F3KorN^ is member. This means that F3KorN^ cannot send any money without my prior agreement or approval.

He hasnt even asked for this trade, he just posted it as a trade offer to trick me into accepting it that a "paypal ticket" had been put into the trade window.​

Attached Files:

2. F3KorN^

F3KorN^ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24297782
    haha sebbe då, detta var ju bara på skoj för att se om du acca eller inte, vill inte ha dessa skins xD
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks for report... @Sebastian Nielsen Open up your trade offer screen again there in a web browser...move your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows up the little popup box down at the bottom and screen shot that please..whole screen do not edit.

Reference:
    Translation of what was said above.

Attached Files:

4. F3KorN^

Steam:
    Really reported me for this shitty?
    first of all i have knew Sebastian a long time ago from a website call'd www.impulse.nu , and i just send him an offer and see if he accept this, i really dont want his skins or anything, i like Sebastian, and if i "accept" this trade i would just pass the skins back, just wanted to know if he were that stupid or not xD
    this cant be seriously ^^
  5. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    How can I do this when the timeout for offer history has expired?
    Now it just says "History over received trade offers (0)"
    Since this issue was 3 months in queue, the history timeouted and im not able to view this item anymore.

Note that this aren't in the trade history as I rejected the offer.
  6. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That screen shot guide is getting reworked as I type or has been for the last few weeks.... but what I'm wanting to do was verify this was exactly the right user you accused here. I wouldn't waste my time asking for something if I didn't need it.
    Now you still have this user added - have you had discussions with them since and have you tried to contact them about the problem?
  8. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    I am 100% sure that I have accused the right user. I did check it as outlined in the reporting guide (by clicking his name on the trade offer, and then copying his URL to the Steamrep site, and then pasting the ID block), and I am also 100 % sure that the user had no impersonatings at the time of the trade attempt, which also means theres no possibility that the wrong person got accused, even if I would have done it the "wrong way" (eg copying the name and pasting it into SteamRep).

And as you see, he admit in the forum that he tried to scam me just as a "joke".

The thing is that this sort of history, of rejected trades, are only saved for a limited time, so I could have provided it if you were quicker.
    I have not chatted with the user about the scam attempt, note that this scam attempt came right out of the blue without any prior agreements or chat.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so you still have him added, have you tried to discuss it with them or have you had any recent contact?
  10. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    No recent contact. I haven't tried to discuss it with him, as it was a scam attempt, not a successful scam, and a scam attempt cannot be "remedifyed" from by repaying.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That's fine, I'm not saying I don't believe you since I've managed to verify timelines - I'm just wanting to see what would be the fallout from trying to contact the user if you were still friends with them otherwise whats the point of being friends with them.
  12. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    Its just that we sometimes still play CS:GO MM, even if he is completely untrustworthy now when it comes to trades. I do however not remember when I last played with him, and my CS:GO play history is too large to rummage through.
  13. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    Protected content:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'll move this on to final review as it is.
  15. F3KorN^

Steam:
    How this going? could you just remove this report? i dont mean tho "scam" Sebastian.. and would never do, just did it as an completely fun thing and see if he accepts.
    i would not even consider this as an "scam attempt" look at my account and see if i have another reports and how long i had the account, have even made so many trades and even today.
    Would not risk my account safety for this piece of s✿✿✿ thing, i still have sebastian on my friend list...

Mvh
    F3KorN
  16. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    Hello @F3KorN^ ,

This report is reviewed individually from other reports, and I can clearly see a scam attempt by you, this isn't something you can joke about nor it's a "fun thing" as you said. Besides, if you are taking this as a joke who knows how many more "fun things" you did to others.
  17. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.