1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198013170054 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Salmon, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198013170054

Victim profile: 76561198078985211

What happened? Description:
    I am Salmon (http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198002272483), I used to be incredibly active in the TF2 trading community. I quit when it became too much of a time sink to keep trading, but stayed active in middlemanning for Realm of the Mad God and now buy and sell computer parts for paypal on reddit's /r/hardwareswap. My reddit username is Cribbit.

You can pretty much skip to the chat logs & super duper tldr near the bottom for the main proof.

I was asked to middleman a csgo skins for computer parts deal which was organized via reddit's /r/hardwareswap. http://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/comments/2u9nk1/meta_trading_hardware_for_csgo_skins/ was the original thread - you can see me offering to middleman in the comments there. http://www.reddit.com/user/cabbagepatch00 is the reddit account of the scammer.

The scammer has already been banned from /r/hardwareswap for this encounter. http://i.imgur.com/LsCdab9.png also sketched out other users who he contacted.

It started smooth. I got the skins, item was supposedly shipped out. An hour or so later, I got a message from the scammer (who "shipped" the items) asking me for the skins. He had asked me about "how this trade would go" at the start; I had said "skins get traded to me, items [computer parts] get shipped, I give skins to you." He thought this meant as soon as he had tracking info he would get the skins. In retrospect, this is likely the only reason the scammer agreed to let me middleman - my mispoken word seemed like a weak link to him.

I of course refused to give him the skins until the computer parts had arrived and been verified. He blew a gasket at this; started insulting me. Questioned my rep (I have over 60 confirmed trades on /r/hardwareswap and am one of the most trusted members. I have over a hundred positive comments on my steam profile, all of which were from paypal trades) and demanded the skins. When it became clear I would not give him the skins, he asked me to give the skins back to the original skin owner (Turboswift).

At this point, we got into a group chat - me (Salmon), the scammer (miss ridiculous) and the skin owner (Turboswift).

The chat log of what happened is below, with a summary below the link. Unfortunately, I no longer have the original starting chat between me and the scammer.

Two notes: The scammer was offering about $450 in computer parts (monitor + graphics card) and paying for shipping, for $350 worth of skins. The tracking number for the package comes up - I called Fedex and verified with two different reps there that the scammer was full of s✿✿✿. There is only one package per tracking number, ever. The single 4lb package which is in the tracking number given was just a ploy to get me to give the skins up.

http://tny.cz/7c9fce46 - chatlog with name highlighting (be careful, popups if you click on it wrong, I couldn't find a better service sadly)

http://pastebin.com/vhpJwWJn - raw text

***Super duper tldr:*** Scammer gets butthurt I won't give him the skins before his "shipment" of computer parts is delivered to the victim. I tell him to either wait for his shipment to actually arrive at the skin seller's house, or that I can directly transfer to another middleman. He refuses those options (because that would prevent his scam) and tries to get me to give the skins to the skin seller, because he knows he has a better chance of manipulating the skin seller than me. "Shipment" tracking information is proven as fake - actual shipment, not enough/large enough boxes, likely just a rock or two.

To summarize the log; tracking number comes up, I call bullshit but can't directly factcheck so I have to drop it. The scammer tries to use direct attacks on me to turn Turbowolf against me. The idea of switching middlemen is brought up; I agree to this. However, the scammer wants me to give the skins to turbo who will find a mm. I say I'm fine transferring directly to another mm - this denies the scammer the opportunity to manipulate Turbo or inject a fake mm. The scammer refuses this (which makes zero sense, if you're getting a new mm just let me hand off directly. The only reason to refuse this is because he's a scammer) and insists I trade the skins back to Turbo.

Remember, all of this - the attempting to switch middlemen, give the skins back to Turbo - started because I would not give the skins to the scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    Proof given above. Sadly, I was not able to screenshot the convos. Considering how easy it is to fake steam logs, I hope pastebin is enough. Story can be confirmed by the victim. Action taken by /r/hardwareswap admins to ban the scammer in that community shows body of proof was significant enough to warrant action.​
  2. Salmon

Steam:
    I noticed it's unclear in the post - I called Fedex after I finished that conversation with the scammer and victim. It was quickly clear that his shipment was just a guise so I would release the skins. It was at this point that I felt 100% certain he was a scammer and not just a misunderstanding with a hard headed idiot.
  3. Salmon

Steam:
    Also, I apologize for the inappropriate file name, I did not realize it would show the filename on my upload. I have reported myself already.
  4. Bluedemon

Bluedemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31851817
    I removed it for you, you can upload it again with the name changed
  5. Salmon

Steam:
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Turbowolf

Turbowolf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59359741
    Hi! I'm the Turbowolf here. I just received the "package", turns out he didn't cancel it at all. All I received was an empty box so yeah, the use MissRidiculous is a scammer. Can send pictures of the box and can probably prove that it only weighted ~4.2 Ibs. Sucks that I almost got scammed had Salmon not saved my ass.