1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198023431750 - (Slapp/Baywee / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Buffawo, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Buffawo

Buffawo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23154848
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Fake items or item duplication
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198023431750 (Slapp/Baywee)

Victim profile: 76561198006575424

What happened? Description:
    Received a friend request from the accused and he made claims he could duplicate items. And to be sure I knew I wasn't being scammed, he would give me 3 skins to hold while he duplicated the one I traded (Nova - Tempest). Mentioned he had trade warnings that pop up because people automatically assume a scam when he said give them items, so he offered instead to give items to people to hold during. I went for it (dumb). After a short time, he traded me back 2 Nova - Tempest, and I returned the three items. He also made the claim he could do the same with knives, and that he would give me one to hold during the process so I knew I wasn't being scammed. I was stupid enough to believe he actually made a copy of the Nova and traded him the Karambit Case Hardened knife I had (I know, stupid). Went through the trade process again and immediately he unfriended/blocked me. I'm an idiot, but I, like everyone else in the community, don't deserve to be scammed.​

Provide Evidence:
    Never tell your password to anyone.
    Slapp: hi
    Buffawo: hi
    Slapp: Give me a skin and ill duplicate it whit my cs go exploit beta build hack, ofcourse i will give u 3 skins at same time to make sure its no scam. and if u later on decide to duplicate a knife ore anything, ill give u a knife to make sure i wont scam :)
    Buffawo: sounds too good to be true
    Slapp: it isnt :)
    Slapp: and its no scam, cause if u decide to make knife ill give knife to to make sure it isnt scam
    Slapp: before i just said give me knife and ill duplicated, people just reported me so yesterday i decided to give people items at same time
    Buffawo: ok, let's try it out. any skin?
    Slapp: ye any skin, but you will get a message that ive got reported by other steam players, but thats just because people reported me for saying i can duplicate and dont give me a chance to proof :)
    Buffawo: ok
    Slapp: invite me to trade
    Slapp has accepted your request to trade.
    Slapp is now playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Click here to join.
    You have accepted the trade request from Slapp.
    Slapp: 1 min
    Slapp: back
    Buffawo: pretty amazing you can do that with skins and stuff.
    Slapp: if u decide to do any knfie ore something i have a knife that ill give u as garant i dont scam
    Buffawo: so you will keep the copy for yourself, right?
    Slapp: what do u mean?
    Slapp is now playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Click here to join.
    Buffawo: Well if I were to trade you my karambit I was selling, would you keep the extra one you made?
    Slapp: no i make 3 of them take one copy myself and give 2 of them for you
    Buffawo: Ok, that sounds fine to me. One sec and I will pull it down from the market
    Buffawo: You're sure this will work?
    Slapp: yes?
    Buffawo: ok lol
    Slapp has accepted your request to trade.
    Slapp is now Offline.
    Slapp is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    Buffawo: Slapp... low blow, man.
    Buffawo: I'll just report you and they'll take care of it. No biggie.​
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Please provide:
    a) pictures of the whole chat
    b) pictures of your inventory history showing it in the steam browser, please include all history from the day of scam

Upload pictures directly to SteamRep via Upload a File button that can be found next to Post Reply.
  3. Buffawo

Buffawo New User

Steam:
    Don't have pictures of the whole chat. Copied it all and put it into a text document before discovering SteamRep site. I apologize for wasting your time.
  4. Buffawo

Buffawo New User

Steam:
    Inventory History.png
    Inventory History
  5. Kinglet {trading}

Kinglet {trading} New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:102335923
    First rule, if something sounds too good to be true, thats because it is. Second, NEVER trust people that dupe skins. Somtimes i just want to laugh. Look. Duplicating skins isn't real. If you have heard of skin duplicating programs, they all contain some sort of virus which means they are not protected in which case mean it's just flat out F.A.K.E. Have a good day mate.
  6. Vicc3

Vicc3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:9369317
  7. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Unfortunately without screenshots of the chat there is nothing we can do. Archived.