1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198024062424 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by lexy ღ, Mar 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexy ღ

lexy ღ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44656545
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198024062424

Victim profile: 76561198049578818

What happened? Description:
    It is my first time filing a report on Steamrep. I apologize in advance if it doesn’t meet all of your requirements. I will do my best to explain what happened and provide you with appropriate evidence in my possession.

The most important screenshot -- “Confirmation of Identity,” proves that I talked to the person in question, not an impersonator. The screenshot named “Confirmation of Agreement” proves we have made an agreement that wasn’t disputed by the accused in any shape or form. Now, to the matter at hand.

I was planning to sell various CS:GO case keys in exchange for real money. I was looking for somebody willing to buy them from me. Eventually, I found a trader with a high Steam level, valuable CS:GO items, and an extensive trading record. The person in question is the accused.

He seemed to be reputable and trustworthy. I decided to give it a shot – I added him on Steam and asked him if he wanted to buy my keys. From this point onward, we shifted the conversation to Telegram, my go-to external communicator, because it doesn’t clear chat history, unlike Steam. I was also afraid of discussing this matter on Steam… which is why I didn’t use Steam chat as much before.

In retrospect, I now realize it was not a good idea. Still, I am not a professional trader, and I did not know it was best to continue the conversation about the deal directly on Steam chat as it would increase my chances of providing you with the best proof for the sake of this report.

We discussed the details of the trade before it took place. We established I would send him all of my keys to his alternative account first, and then he would send $2100 to my friend’s Polish bank account. I must mention my friend because my keys were stored on his Steam account, and he sent the trade offer when I asked him to do so (the keys were mine, but he kept them for me and sent the trade offer).

The aforementioned trader accepted the trade offer and received all the keys. I was waiting for the transfer for many days. I received no money, so I asked him about the transfer status. He informed me that he contacted his bank, and the transfer was aborted due to a Minimal Transfer Amount (MTA).

I asked if he could send the money via PayPal since the international transfer failed. He said he doesn’t use his PayPal account for ”bigger transactions” because PayPal suspended his account in the past for using it contrary to its purpose.

I asked him how to resolve the issue. He proposed that my fiancé sends him his eSports 2014 Summer Cases worth ~$3700 USD. In exchange, he would transfer $6765 USD, but I would need to send him $965 back. I agreed, but on the condition that he sends the money first this time. He refused to go first.

I didn’t know what else to do, so I asked him to return my keys. He said he couldn’t do that because he had already sold them. In that case, I asked him to send me the skins worth $2100 in real currency ($3000 virtually – the equivalent of my keys). He didn’t reply to that proposal.

I came up with the only solution I found reasonable – I asked him if he had any friend or a relative who could transfer the money in his stead. He said he would check and, after a while, replied that he couldn’t find anyone. I asked him how to resolve the issue, and he replied that he had already answered that question. I assume he meant sending him the cases. I figured it was not the best idea. His replies, constant lack of cooperation, and carelessness strengthened my belief that he was untrustworthy and attempts to scam me again.

Nonetheless, I asked if my suspicion that he does not plan to send me any money or skins seemed accurate. I asked the same question in two chats – Telegram chat and Steam chat. As you can see, he kept talking about the only solution he found reasonable, aka sending him $3700 worth of cases.

I file this report to warn other users not to trade with this person. I hope you will tag him as a scammer. His fraudulent behavior is not only unacceptable, but it’s also an actual crime. I know you won’t be able to help me seek justice through legal channels, but I believe tagging him as a scammer is within your capabilities. I want to ensure I did everything I could to protect other users from getting scammed by this person.

If you require additional explanation or clarification, I will provide it. I will gladly answer all your questions. Thank you in advance for investigating my report.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. lexy ღ

lexy ღ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44656545
    I hope this is what you need. I have also uploaded screenshots with trade offer urls which show exactly how long we have been friends with (both with Purotex and his alt).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2023
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you have zero acceptable evidence of any scam here - nothing thru discord is acceptable only steam chat screenshots.
    You are reporting a STEAM user not a Discord user or Telegram user...we only accept steam screenshots of the raw chat.
    You were noted the below link prior to clicking the submit a report button but must have over looked it - please do not do so in the future.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Nothing provided/showing suggests this user was or is guilty of any wrong doing per policy

Declined
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.