1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Report: 76561198026577539 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by anaconja, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anaconja

anaconja New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92084259
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198026577539

Victim profile: 76561198144434246

What happened? Description:
    The scammer friended me, saying that he wanted to buy my Strange Potassium Bonnett for 30 keys (backpack price is currently 22 keys) so I became a little suspicious. He said that since he wasn't playing TF2 anymore he wanted to sell it via OPSkins, and to add him on Discord. On Discord, he asked me to share my screen; since I was busy at the moment I declined politely. He asked me to share screenshots instead. He asked me to put the item up to sell, and then told me to accept the incoming trade offer. I checked the trade offer and it just requested the Potassium Bonnett. Having been scammed out of my whole inventory before, I became very suspicious and canceled the offer. I then looked up "OPSkins scams" and found that sharing screens was a method of scamming.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Is there a particular reason why you reported the wrong user?
    This user is HIGHLY impersonated - in fact I already know who the fake one was you were in contact with but please explain why you reported this user and not the one you were involved with?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Also we don't accept any evidence over discord.
  3. anaconja

anaconja New User

Steam:
    How can I find the Steam ID of the account on the steam browser then?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well you shouldn't be asking that now - you should have thought of that before you made a report against the wrong user.
    Very important to make sure 100% that you report the correct user - you would be rather upset if someone reported you rather than an impersonator I'm sure.
    Check your friend activity and see if it shows you adding a user by this name.. click on their profile - copy/paste the profile URL into steamrep search then copy/paste the SR profile block here.
  5. anaconja

anaconja New User

Steam:
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks! Archiving this report due to wrong user being accused...and as you can see that user is already tagged/banned - nothing more we can do to them here.
    You need to pay more attention to who you are talking to as in check them out before adding them/accepting them...and when you make a report here to be extra careful on who you accuse...its a serious situation!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.