1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198027396798 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Taddos Fadey, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taddos Fadey

Taddos Fadey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40645553
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198027396798

Victim profile: 76561198041556835

What happened? Description:
    So basically I was added by another user, called Comet. He stated that he "falsely" accused me of illegal purchases and so I was about to be banned. To fix it, I had to contact an "admin" whom is imitating a fake Valve support admin. So I added the fake valve admin and started chatting with him. He stated that I need to prove that I'm innocent by sending him my items and by doing so their "program" will check if my items were acquired legally, and that my items will be intact even though their mission was to bait me to send the skin to them. Most of the chat was happening on discord. I also wanted to fool around with him by telling him that I "stole" items from my friend which were cheap CSGO skins even though that didn't happen, but he was eager to get me to send him my skin to be scammed.

Please let me know if there are additional questions, etc.

P.S.I'll need to upload extra screenshots, which I can't because of the limit.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots have been uploaded through "Upload File".​

Attached Files:

2. Taddos Fadey

Taddos Fadey New User

Steam:
    Here are the additional screenshots.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    Please do not resubmit a new report - this one will do for now.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Also we do NOT review evidence from Discord - at no point is any of those acceptable here.
    I need the ID 64 of the FIRST user you should have reported asap! I also need to know you've reported ALL accounts involved to Valve.
    Report back asap! @Taddos Fadey
  5. Taddos Fadey

Taddos Fadey New User

Steam:
    ID 64 of the first person: 76561198085171916. They're both in on it. Haven't reported them yet. Basic report wouldn't do nothing. Is there a way to report them so that Valve would check into the situation?
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Basic reports are effective, not sure who told you they were not. Valve does see them.
    Go into each users profile and report them and note back that you did.

Reason I want you to report them and should have done so regardless by now, is that these accounts were likely hijacked and they need to review them asap before others are compromised.
    I'm watching the effect on the accused in this report a few days to see how they react.
  7. Taddos Fadey

Taddos Fadey New User

Steam:
    First account that contacted me came from my steam friend, so it might be that the account was hijacked.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok and the accused was community banned which stands to reason it too was hijacked.
    I'm marking invalid for that reason per policy.
    In the future report situations like this to Valve not here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.