1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198032875201 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Slender100, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slender100

Slender100 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:125200187
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198032875201

Victim profile: 76561198210666103

What happened? Description:
    Okay, so just a reminder:

I didn't get scammed of any items, however this is about someone trying to get me to advertise a fake gambling site to scam people's items off of them. I didn't know what category to put this in, so I went with the fake gambling site option. I'm sorry if this falls into another category but please hear this report out.

Essentially what happened, I got a random add from this guy wanting me to "advertise" this gambling site of his. I threw a few questions at him about it, he starts to go on about nonsense like "paid 100$ per week in tf2 items" and what not.

I think what he was trying to do here was make me his puppet to lure people into this fake gambling site to steal items from people willing to gamble.

The screenshots explain everything. I told him about how he doesn't even own tf2 and right after that he removed me, and made his inventory private that had a few steam trading cards in it, and no tf2 items whatsoever (sadly I wasn't able to get a shot of his inventory before he made it private, was only able to get no3 shown in screenshots of game history)

Then i decided to sign into the fake site, knowing that the steam verification isn't fake in order to be appealing and look truthful to people, the site itself isn't.

The chat is fake, the items won are fake, it doesn't even show counters, the profiles are fake, and when you "deposit" items I was expecting for it to redirect me to a bot that would try to get those specific items from me, but it lazily redirects to a blank trade offer with the bot.

And the worst part is that people have fell for this, the bot's inventory has 2 unusuals in it, 3 stranges, and a key.

Link to the bot: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198365844118

I obviously know that steamrep can't do anything about this, and that valve themselves would have to take action on it, but i'd just like to give a warning about this guy who seems to be the owner of this fake site, and not to consider trusting him. I hope this is warned about soon. Also I hope I've reiterated this enough: do NOT trade away your items on this site, and don't even consider going on it. It's a fake site that's illegal in the first place for being a gambling site, and you shouldn't even risk your money for more than you gave away, since it can turn out to be rigged, or in this case, fake.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day, I certainly can say after this I'm feeling uneasy after seeing this.​

Provide Evidence:

slender: why the random add?
    ✪ PiBEC: hey mate
    ✪ PiBEC: added u becuause i have an offer
    ✪ PiBEC: u might be interested
    slender: and what is it?
    ✪ PiBEC: can you help me a bit to promote a new tf2 jackpot site?
    ✪ PiBEC: sure that you will be paid
    ✪ PiBEC: weekly
    slender: what is the site?
    ✪ PiBEC: https://tf2silver.com/
    slender: no thanks, i think gambling is a stupid and risky way of trying to profit
    slender: i appreciate the kindness though
    ✪ PiBEC: why risk?
    slender: ?
    ✪ PiBEC: u just have to promote
    ✪ PiBEC: paid about 100$ per week
    ✪ PiBEC: in tf2 items
    slender: ok so
    slender: how exactly did you find out who i am anyways
    slender: i just want to know
    slender: simple question
    ✪ PiBEC: ra
    ✪ PiBEC: kom
    slender: ...?
    ✪ PiBEC: randomly
    slender: randomly isn't really an answer
    slender: like
    slender: did you find me on the steam comminity
    ✪ PiBEC: yes
    slender: community*
    ✪ PiBEC: )
    slender: well
    slender: i'm not interested
    slender: gambling is just plain stupid imo
    slender: i've already said i wasn't interested once
    slender: and that goes for advertising too
    slender: and you don't even play tf2 either
    ✪ PiBEC is now Away.
    slender: "100$ in tf2 items" doesn't sound very legitimate when you don't even play the game and only have trading cards from an unrelated one
    ✪ PiBEC is now Offline.
    ✪ PiBEC is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    slender: lmfao

Attached Files:

• no1.PNG
      no1.PNG
      File size:
      170.5 KB
      Views:
    • no2.PNG
      no2.PNG
      File size:
      169.8 KB
      Views:
    • no3.PNG
      no3.PNG
      File size:
      486.2 KB
      Views:
    • no4.PNG
      no4.PNG
      File size:
      314.8 KB
      Views:
    • no5.PNG
      no5.PNG
      File size:
      368.3 KB
      Views:
    • no6.PNG
      no6.PNG
      File size:
      361.5 KB
      Views:
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello Slender100,

Unfortunately, there is not enough evidence presented for this report to be processed.
    I will be archiving this thread shortly.

I recommend that you read SteamRep's Submission Fundamentals.
    If any new evidence comes to light, feel free to create a new report.

Best,
    Gentleman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.