1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198034142693 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Haphazard, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haphazard

Haphazard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43061097
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198034142693

Victim profile: 76561198046387923

What happened? Description:
    I have a "friend" on steam who contacted me out of the blue and said that he is a steam admin and valve employee. I asked several times for him to verify this to me but instead he threatened to ban me. To prove himself, he linked me to accounts he's banned as threats and told me I have a limited time to comply with his demands. There were several red flags in the conversation which made me suspicious but you'll see it all in the screenshots. He banned an innocent member of the community I believe and I'm making a report for that user shortly. Either he works with steam/valve and does a poor job of it or he's a fraud. No trade took place.​

Provide Evidence:
    I'm uploading 4 screenshots of the conversation we had. I am not providing the full transcript here as I would like to do as he addresses me by my real last name in the chat and I don't want that personal information just out there. The screenshots are edited only to redact that information and nothing else has been altered. 2 of the 4 are completely unaltered. View attachment 664879 View attachment 664880 View attachment 664881 View attachment 664882

Attached Files:

2. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36938482
    I apologize for this. My account was compromised but now I got it back. My account was stolen from me off of username alone and I'm trying to get some things fixed.
    I have already sent a steam support ticket involving this impersonator and I think (with somewhat low possibility) that I found the source scammer.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @R ² Deathfox
    Please provide full screen shots of the support ticket you mentioned. Also explain in better detail how and when you had your account compromised.
  4. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    Here they are,
    I was starting to use steam and I saw a message on one of my old screenshots of tf2 involving dominations that said that I had fraudulent items to which I panicked to.
    My items were there for a long time and I have been out of the loop on steam so I forgot they had scammers like this. I was referred to another account for admins which had the name random crits misser which I now think was compromised and subsequently deleted. the thing was I only gave my items and my steam access username and no password. I thought the database was compromised and a guy contacted me on trying to verify my account by buying steam wallet codes. Thing is, I think I know who it is and he is impersonating valve by calling himself an employee. This is not doxxing, I have his email which coincides with my contact with him on my own email. I don't know the proper channels for this though.

Attached Files:

5. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    Thing is, I think the guy is running along a stream of compromising accounts and hopping so it's hard to stop him. Probably already scamming other accounts by now.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't see anywhere in those screenshots where steam support stated that you were compromised and regained control of the account.
  7. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    This ticket was after I managed to get my account back because I managed to still have my email. I'm not sure if I stated clearly to them about that and so they gave me a generic response to scammers.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Let me see trade history from July 5th till July 15th - thru steam client (full screenshots pls).
    If you have more than one page make sure a previous trade over laps into the next screenshot and so on.
  9. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    I've traded for certain csgo sites that involve gambling and such but haven't done so in months.

Attached Files:

10. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    On* not for. Just to clarify, I have won somethings like from sliver.tv
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so you've not traded since July 5th?
  12. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    Yeah, by then I was just doing games like into the breach and csgo in pure.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What is the SR profile block to that item database account you traded with?
  14. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    It's in the screenshot of the ticket
  15. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    76561198806386204, double check in screenshot 3 to make sure this is correct
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I can see that - but can you put it into steamrep search and copy/paste the SR profile block please
  17. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  19. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    Just one other time. Problem was that this one I only gave my access username, not my password.
  20. R ² Deathfox

R ² Deathfox New User

Steam:
    And I mean this current one, not the previous.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.