1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198034942187 - (Cyber / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by sm:)e 2, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sm:)e 2

sm:)e 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45345464
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198034942187 (Cyber)

Victim profile: 76561198050956656

What happened? Description:
    PayPal scam. Extremely complicated.

I am drafting a report up and compiling evidence. Will be completed within 24 hours.

DO NOT TRADE with this person.​

Provide Evidence:
    Alot of screenshots, emails, paypal statements and conversations. I am compiling the evidence right now.​
  2. J@Y

J@Y Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37338229
    Hello everybody.

This is Cyber, i have been refered to this from a steam friend.
    The person who traded "Sm:)e" was not me, i've been around Australia staying with relatives and visiting birthdays since Oct 18th.
    While i was gone i suspected someone to have access to my email account which i keep very secure as my emails were being read hours before i woke up. Approximately 2 weeks ago i returned home and spent maybe 4 days playing, all of which have been on my Origin account i suspected someone had been playing on my Origin since my inventory was all swapped.

In recent time i have logged onto my steam account for maybe 10 minutes to check my friend requests and went off, not really paying attention to any detail. I have been using my computer allot since i have been home but havent noticed anything wrong. I decided i would play some TF2 (As you may see i have many hours in the game) and when i tried trading i noticed it appeared with a steam guard message.

I didn't worry about it until i viewed my inventory, expecting to see some keys but instead i notice half my backpack missing which raised a big flag, i immediately contacted steam report and told them all about what had happened. The scary thing is that i've been using my steam account maybe 15 minutes per day and i haven't noticed anything wrong.

Since then i have been off origin and using my Steam account in case of unauthorised access reoccurs which is scaring me, i have changed all of my steam information & email information (again) and I'm still suspicious.

I have performed many money trades over the years i have been playing without a single issue, it's only now that i've had an issue.

If you weren't aware in my spare time at home i big on tf2 trading, Oh and another thing my rep thread was used while i was gone there are more comments than when i left. http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/131622-Cyber-s-Reputation?highlight=

I'm not trying to say trustworthy people don't commit scams but i've been playing for many years and i own many games.

Another note: I have traded with Sm:)e in the past, i think we traded an earbud in the past- through his middleman friend Obla (which you can find on my rep thread) His picture wil be down the bottom somewhere > .... Also i have added Sm:)e back, i found him in my block list after trying to add him for about 40 minutes & i sent him some of my chat history that i found on people that i didnt send.

I will provide more evidence to support my truth when Sm:)e submits the report because i'm unsure what actually happened. Also i'm waiting a reply to my steam support query so i'll update you on what they give me.

Thankyou, I dont think Sm:)e will have much trouble reversing the paypal payment he sent (from what he's told me) and i hope we get this thread solved soon because it's worrying me that negative feedback is being filed against me, well my account anyway. I hope if anyone else finds this report that has dealt with the other hijacker can come forth and post what happened to help Sm:)e.

Best regards /Cyber, good luck Sm:)e.

[​IMG]
  3. sm:)e 2

sm:)e 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45345464
    To Moderators / Admins viewing this thread.

I am being bombarded with different stories and evidence. Until I am happy that I have gotten all the evidence ready, I will not be finishing this report.

At this time, I do not accuse Cyber of scamming me unless a moderator concludes so when reviewing the upcoming evidence.
  4. Waldo3

Waldo3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47080526
    Hey guys, I saw this thread and I just wanted to let you guys know I knew Cyber was going to leave on the 15th of October and while away I saw Cyber online and said Hi but had no response which was odd but now it makes sense. Good luck this with thread!
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Do you have evidence?

Please don't post pishing report here, we don't deal with those.
  6. J@Y

J@Y Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    Hi Guys, i think i was followed by the scammer and I got given a phishing link. I usually check the links but i was off guard. Obla and Sm:)e know this already but my account was overtaken again from Saturday (15/3) until this morning (20/3). I clicked on the link, somehow they hacked the steam dialogue boxes and got in and they didn't even have a 7 day wait to trade which would indicate its the same people from before (not sure). To the original issue (Refer to "Original Steam Response" they palmed me off) but after the phising incident i provided lots of evidence and they changed everything back (refer to "Current steam response"). Im not sure what relevance these Russian have with the original event (in the email notifying the email and password change request with codes, even though they hacked it and didn't use the codes had Russian translation), but i know there must be some kind of connecting link. Good luck everyone, i can provide future evidence if needed.

Attached Files:

7. J@Y

J@Y Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    I accidentally uploaded the same image, find attached below the Current Steam Response.

Attached Files:

8. J@Y

J@Y Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    I thought i might note there were 23 trades taken place between the 15th-20th. All of the trades were giving ALLOT of items away in return for nothing. But one trade caught my attention and traded for allot of expensive things (lucario link). A total of 35 + 57 + 70 + 22 Dota 2 keys were traded away in return for a crate (or item equivalent) all of which were to different accounts. Some of them could have been from steam market.

The pictures provided:
    HANDSOME SHPEE - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ersgvzrhgerff
    dEcosta " - http://steamcommunity.com/id/zambidis
    Lucario. - http://steamcommunity.com/id/lucariopokemon

Idea:
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: I located that ssfn file or whatever it was
    Cyber: yeah something like that
    Cyber: Its encrypted with tons of jibber jabber
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: they should be encrypted if they are login details
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: oh sh**
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: ok they get that encrypted file put it on their system , steam validates the encrypted file as comming from the legitimate PC but is actualy on thiers
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: no need to decypt
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: steam just assumes it is your PC
    ♫ Combat Rock ♫: herp derp

I would be interested in testing this by copying the ssfn file onto another pc and see if it validates that pc. all you need is your login details..

Attached Files:

9. J@Y

J@Y Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    Hi can someone please address or close this thread,
    It's appearing as an open case which is misleading.
    It's been 3 years

Thanks
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Why this report was left open is beyond me - we don't want users making "drafts" of reports... add everything up front or not at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.