1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198036796854 ([GMG]Dr.Medic) (Hijacked)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mr. Man, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Mr. Man

Mr. Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27155200
    I believe it was a scam ring and that more people were involved. Medic thinks so too.
  2. Crabislav ☂

Crabislav ☂ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19202144
    Well, he MUST do this if he is not a scammer. Otherwise it will be obvious that he is associate of the hacker or even hacker himself.
  3. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22996343
    3 buds was all I had, you can go back as far in my history as you want, I've been a legit trader since August. Yes I 'quicksold' the unusuals I had, but that's because I could, all I needed was 1 bud each to make back what I traded for (again keeping in mind that I didn't realize at this point that the hats were from a highjacked account).

Also, it's doubtful that this is a scam ring. Mr. Medic needs to locate who was the user who posted the link to the "Hat_Maker.exe" (He said it was TF2 Trading Post I think?) that gave the highjacker access to his account. Seems most likely that the scammer just operated from within Mr. Medic's Account. That's not to say there isn't a highjacking ring involving the phony hat duplicating viruses, just saying, locate the highjacker, not the people he's trading to.
  4. Sarge

Sarge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42584907
    So you would trade 3 buds for fairly expensive unusuals so you could get back those 3 buds? Doesn't make much sense does it?
    You did make noticable profit off this there is no question. The fact that you would swap half off the price & sell them all at the same day is very strong case against you. And extremely unlikely for anyone to do except for scammers.
  5. Blad3

Blad3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20323289
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also i think Schmanthony telling truth, since he sold me 12 buds then he said he need to sell his unusuals and later he sold me another 3.
  6. Crabislav ☂

Crabislav ☂ New User

Steam:
    Did Schmanthony give you items first (according to your screenshots)?
  7. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New User

Steam:
    That's fair. Like I said, at the time I was stunned that the trade even went through, I only though to look on Steam rep and he was clean. In my head I made rationalizations like "Weather effects are dropping... Maybe he's really eager to cash out". Now that it's been brought to my attention, I see there was other information if I had dug deeper, so it is too bad that I didn't realize and just keep the unusuals, hopefully to return them to Dr. Medic after the affair had been sorted out. My reasons for selling quickly was really only "Well hey, I can make good quick profit on this, what's the point in selling them at full price if I can sell them cheap and make profit in a few hours"... again I can see that this was naive now that I'm implicated in this mess.

I hope the fact that I actually showed up to defend myself with rational (solid english) arguments has some weight, at least in comparison to Blad3 who showed up to say "i weren't know his account are hjacked".
  8. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New User

Steam:
    Uh WTF Blad? I didn't sell you anything.
  9. Blad3

Blad3 New User

Steam:
    Uh i meant scammer sold me them, not Schmanthony, u get it wrong.
  10. Crabislav ☂

Crabislav ☂ New User

Steam:
    I mistaken Scammantony with hacker. Did the hacker give you items first according to screenshots?
  11. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New User

Steam:
    Oh I see. He means Dr. Medic (highjacker) sold him 12 buds, and then the 3 buds later after I obtained the unusuals.

If Blad's Screenshots do prove that he paid for the buds, that indicates that the highjacker worked alone, and that I and Blad only traded with him. Again I would suggest tracking down whoever posted the malicious software on Trading Post.
  12. Blad3

Blad3 New User

Steam:
    Yeah he gived me the items first since i am trusted.
  13. Sarge

Sarge New User

Steam:
    But according item history, he never had buds he claims he has bought. 11 buds that Dr. Medic had belong now to bunch of random people. I did a quick research on what these buyers of buds had in their backpacks before receiving buds from medic. Nothing to afford buds with. So the scammer sold this stuff for money it seems.
  14. gas mask fetish

gas mask fetish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31378893
    Stop going around accusing people who happened to be buyers unknowingly.
    The hijacker never needed to transfer items to another account, when he could simply use Dr.Medic's account and his good reputation for trades. All other accounts he has access to are probably trade banned or marked here on SR and he wouldn't want them to be connected anyway.
  15. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New User

Steam:
  16. Crabislav ☂

Crabislav ☂ New User

Steam:
  17. And Suddenly

And Suddenly New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41867745
    I'm holding on to the Bliz Baker Boy. Sent a ticket in about this incident as well.
  18. Sarge

Sarge New User

Steam:
  19. [GMG] Dr.Medic|Sad

[GMG] Dr.Medic|Sad New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41897019
    Check my history of my crates,bills,bmoc,strange machina & kritz,strange festive flame,socks,metal,buds,aladdin lamp,spy hoodie,skull,weapons,fast learner,unusuals & other.
    They are all on other accounts,maybe alt accounts or hacked.
    And who is wondering who was the guy on tf2tp posting the HatMaker_2.4.6.
    Here is a picture of his steam profile:

Attached Files:

20. Sarge

Sarge New User

Steam: