1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198044653710 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by DoS^ 2, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:110862450
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Fake items or item duplication
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198044653710

Victim profile: 76561198181990629

What happened? Description:
    So about 5 months ago I bought a H1Z1 gift from this guy for 5 CS:GO keys (he remembers it on chat, but I could go through 100+ pages of inventory history and find it or ask Steam Support to do it).
    It wasn't a tradable gift, I went first with it and he then had gifted it to me.

Though now, about 5 months later I get an alert from Steam Support, saying that my H1Z1 gift had been revoked.

I added the guy back, he tells that he bought the gift from some other guy who probably refunded them, resulting in my gift to be revoked.

I have contacted Stean Support and they said, what I believe they have said is that he scammed me and they can't really help me.

I believe these people are running a quite big scamming campaign, selling gifts for CS:GO keys and then having them refunded.

In the chat you can also see that the guy acted pretty scared, at first glance trying to be polite, it was like that it is not his first time, and then just deleted me from friends.

Providing screenshots of chat and Support ticket below.​

Provide Evidence:
    Steam chat windows and steam support answer​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @DoS^ 2
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History for a few days around this trade - open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  3. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42193991
    @DoS^ 2
    Can you please close this?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  5. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    @DoS^ 2
    No, he isn't right. If you read steam terms, rules or anything like that. They say it's impossible to chargeback a gift after 5 months, the deadline is 2 months, and i bought this gift from one guy and sold him. (I told it to him)
  6. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    I think it's 2 months, don't know exactly it's 1-2 months
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What rules? please show link.. please show evidence to support your words/claims.
  8. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The support ticket clearly says there was something at fault with the friend " the accused" revoking the gift at some point and doesn't mention at all a 3rd party involved.
    There fore even if that was the case the accused is still responsible for the end result in this trade to either ensure it is followed thru as promised or compensation is settled upon an issue like this.
    Marking for review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    @DoS^ 2
    Another point is, i can't chargeback the gift if i didn't bought it from steam, only the guy who paid money for the gift and sent to anyone.
  11. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
  12. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    hey, im sorry I'm replying only now, since the reply emails were reaching an old email of mine. The trades are really old, but I will try my best to find them, if I do, I'll upload them here.
  13. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    here are the screenshots, i hope i got them right

Attached Files:

14. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    @DoS^ 2
    Man, the steam rules show i cant revoke this gift, read all i sent to ЩĄ | Horse and read the steam rules.
  15. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    you saw what Steam Support replied regarding your gift, I'm off any discussion and waiting for the verdict of the admins.
  16. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    @DoS^ 2 ok i still can't do that, try to buy a gift and send to your friend after it say to your friend send to another guy and after send try to chargeback it, your friend will see that is impossible to chargeback, only you (The guy who bought the gift and sent it first) can chargeback it.
  17. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    If you want me or the admins to believe you, explain everything how it really happened, who you bought the gift from, how you did it, why did you re-gift a gift and not buy and gift it yourself and etc.
  18. Tloster...

Tloster... New User

Steam:
    @DoS^ 2 I'm a trader i bought it from a guy and sold you, it was like 1 year ago i don't remember from who i bought it but i can try to find, i bought for 4 keys and sold it for 6
  19. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    and how do we know that you didn't know that your seller is selling a fake/stolen gift? Basically you bought a corrupt gift that was to be revoked and re-sold it to me. Why wouldn't you wait for the 30 days until it was tradable?
  20. DoS^ 2

DoS^ 2 New User

Steam:
    I think the one who should get a trade ban is the guy who sold it to you, because later on steam support replied to me that this gift was in fact revoked at the request of Daybreak, which means your guy probably scammed it off or acquired it in any other illegal way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.