1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Need More Info Report: 76561198047778891 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by vampy[sc], Jul 27, 2014.

1. vampy[sc]

vampy[sc] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1959272
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198047778891 ()

Victim profile: 76561197964184273

What happened? Description:
    He (Mistik) wanted to buy my 4 earbuds and after reviewing his profile on steamrep it seemed okay and even offered to go first (probably one red flag seeing how I dont have much or any REP). I took screenshots of EVERYTHING including him agreeing to my terms and conditions such as: sending the money, putting in the message box that he wont chargeback for ANY reason and that this transaction is for a virtual item(s) (this was worded different but all the key words were said) and even the successful trading of the items. I came home from work the next day (today) and found he is trying to charge back and put a hold on the transfer (even though it went through). I opened the case and typed a moderate amount of information regarding the transaction and all the screenshots I have of him agreeing to everything and even mentioning the message box which had that charge back statement and so on.​

Provide Evidence:
    --tf2 - 1 :picture shows the buyer (mistik) agreeing to trade for 4 earbuds at the price of $35 each.

--tf2 - 2 :Buyer agreeing to go first in sending the money then after the earbuds will be traded.

--tf2 - 3 :Buyer agreeing to my terms and conditions which include the comment of putting in the message box he will NOT chargeback under any circumstance and so on.

--tf2 - 5 :Buyer (Shane Marsh aka Mistik) successfully sending the money as a gift AS WELL AS including the message in the box regarding the charge back.

--tf2 - 6 :Me trading the 4 earbuds to him after payment recieved.

--tf2 - 7 :Trade successful

--tf2 - 9 :payment was put on held (I.E. charged back)​

Attached Files:

2. oreobear

oreobear New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35745113
    Thanks for writing this report. He asked to buy 6 buds from me through Paypal and I declined because of this thread. Thanks!

-oreo
  3. vampy[sc]

vampy[sc] New User

Steam:
    The stupid people at Paypal actually believed whatever he said and gave him back the money too. So now he has 135$ and my 4 earbuds. This guy is a scammer and i'm glad this post made you think twice.

PLEASE no one trade with this guy with any kind of currency, he is a scammer.
  4. Aproksiy

Aproksiy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24447792
    I've been scammed for 374$ by this guy. Sold around 200 keys to him and he did chargeback.
  5. DGMockingjay

DGMockingjay New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30490614
    He tried to buy 5 buds from me. Bud thanks to this post, I was aware of his scamming ways.

Thanks OP

Attached Files:

6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @vampy[sc] I need a full screen picture of your trade history.
    I need a picture of the dispute screen from your Paypal.(Showing him charging back)
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    If anyone else has been scammed by the accused please make your own report. Thanks.
  8. vampy[sc]

vampy[sc] New User

Steam:
    Here are the two pictures. The first is the chargeback from shane marsh (aka mistik) which was successful in his part... (again paypal is stupid and I wish there was another service). The second is my inventory history, I hope thats what you meant by trade history.

Attached Files: