1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198049039005 - (CAmzZz / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by July1337, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22906794
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198049039005 (CAmzZz)

Victim profile: 76561198006079316

What happened? Description:
    Traded cs:go item Souvenir Desert Eagle | Mudder for paypal money
    Didn't received any money, instead was scammed because I didn't know much about this paypal scams methods
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/2epqdn4.jpg
    He send some invoice, and it was too late until I realized what it means
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/2j11ici.jpg

Provide Evidence:
    Traded cs:go item Souvenir Desert Eagle | Mudder for paypal money
    Didn't received any money, instead was scammed because I didn't know much about this paypal scams methods
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/2epqdn4.jpg
    He send some invoice, and it was too late until I realized what it means
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/2j11ici.jpg
    More screenshots attached​

Attached Files:

2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    @July1337

1. Do you have any more pictures of the chat?
    2. Do you have the pictures of chat that shows your e-mail address? The one you provided shows that your e-mail address was blocked out.
    3. Can you please provide the picture showing the details of the invoice in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or any other browser? It seems you have the problem with certificate validation in Firefox.
    4. Can you please take a picture of your inventory history showing it in the Steam client? Please include all history from the day of scam. We need to see all trades from 25th March.

Upload those pictures directly to the report. Thank you.
  3. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    1. I have 1 more chat screenshot that i don't think it is so relevant as I told him that he must wait because the item was at a friend of mine, because he was playing with it and my friend was away on steam at that time. I added it now however.
    2 . Here is the email I told him to send it to, if it is absolutely necessary (tho I would like it to not be shown , as it is the email / paypal of my friend, because I don't have a paypal)
    3. Don't know what certificate validation is wrong , but that was in private mode, so that my friend's pass/id didn't save on my browser
    4. the 25'th trades was only those 2: 1 where i get the item back from my friend (zetteous) and 1 where I give the item to the guy.
    trade1.jpg history1.png history2.png trade1.jpg trade1.jpg trade1.jpg
  4. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    Screenshot with the email of my friend, that he had to send the money to

Attached Files:

5. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    As far as I understand you used a friend's PayPal account. Ask him to take a screenshot showing details of the invoice (You showed it in this picture http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/paypalscam-png.63640/) but please ask him to take it from e.g. Internet Explorer.

PayPal is using SSL extended validation certificate, it means that the address bar should always show PayPal as a "trusted" website. Your picture does not show it as a "trusted" website and it may be caused by some Firefox settings, so it is the best to use another browser to take a screenshot.

Also, please do not block out the e-mail in the PayPal screenshot.
  6. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    Yes, the payment was supposed to be made on my friend's paypal, because I don't have one ( and a credit card )
    I will come back with a SS from my friend's paypal, and I will tell him to use Internet Explorer, as soon as he gets back at his home.
    "I'll be back" -
    :)
    The reason I blocked the email was because I thought the screenshots would be used as proof in this scam, and I didn't want his email to be shown and get threats/spam or something, but whatever, he said he is ok as long as that guys will pay (be marked as scammer) for his scam.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    @July1337

Great! It does not have to be Internet Explorer but it can be. In general, we just need the browser to identify the PayPal website as "trusted" PayPal website. Thank you.
  8. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    Ok, I'm back with the screenshots
    I told him to make them from both browser, the one he usually uses(chrome) and IE as you suggested.

I also got a message from steam support telling me that my item is gone for good :( ,
    So now I only hope that he will be marked as scammer here and also on steam.
    I attached the screenshots

Attached Files:

9. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Thank you for those screenshots.

It is really weird but none of address bars look like it should.
    Examples:

Google Chrome
    chrome.png

Mozilla Firefox
    firefox.png

Internet Explorer
    ie.png

Could you ask your friend to try again and see if address bar look like the ones that I showed you above? I recommend to temporarily disable all add-ons.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
  10. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    I don't think it has anything to do with addons and things like this, I also don't get those "paypal, inc [us]" in firefox and internet explorer.
    Maybe they don't show in our country ? ( Romania ) or it has something to do with bitdefender? because we both(me and my friend) have bitdefender as antivirus
    Does it show as bitdefender to you also when you click there?

A SS from MY Internet explorer and firefox

Attached Files:

11. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Are you using a BitDefender software?
  12. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    Yes, me and my friend, we both use Bitdefender Total Security
  13. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    I think I know what is causing the problem.
    Open the Bitdefender interface, navigate to Settings, then to Privacy Control, there should be a tab called Anti-phishing or similar, use the switch to temporarily turn off Scan SSL feature. Restart your PC and try to visit PayPal website again.
  14. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    Yes it works, told my friend to do it, will be back again with screenshots from him
  15. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    done, hope this will do :)

Attached Files:

16. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    status

Attached Files:

• pay3.png
      pay3.png
      File size:
      126.2 KB
      Views:
  17. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Accepted.

Thank you for submitting this report.
  18. July1337

July1337 New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.