1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198049171595 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MISTERAMD, Aug 24, 2015.

1. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:15290347
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198049171595

Victim profile: 76561197990846423

What happened? Description:
    Person says : http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25380435
    (Your One Stop CS:GO Shop!

ROW Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gifts - 4 keys

The copies are giftable: You have to go first with the keys
    Stock: 20 copies
    Sold: 17 copies

Trust: http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198049171595)

When I add him on Steam, because I want a copy of CS GO to play CS GO, we opened a trade, until he claims that it's giftable and that I need to pay him 4 keys in which he will send it to my email address. That sounded fishy to me so that's why I want to report him.

Attend to scam people​

Provide Evidence:
    I wanted to buy CS GO gift. So that I could open the gift and install the game CS GO. I have done this in the past 2 times with Terraria Gift and The Stanley Parable. It all worked smooth. This was not with this guy.

So I go to http://www.tf2outpost.com and start searching for someone that has a CS GO gift that I could pay for 4 TF2 keys. I found this guy at http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25380435

He says on the website :
    Your One Stop CS:GO Shop!

ROW Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gifts - 4 keys

The copies are giftable: You have to go first with the keys
    Stock: 20 copies
    Sold: 17 copies

Trust: http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198049171595

So I add him telling him that I added him because I'm interested in buying a CS GO gift from him and that I will pay 4 TF2 keys.

He says that he is playing CS GO Competitive and that I have to wait.
    When he is ready to trade, I invite him to do a trade and I place 4 TF2 keys in the trading window, in which this guy immediately clicks the "Ready" button. When I tell him that I don't see any evidence of a CS GO gift in the trading window, he reply's with "it's giftable" and "I'll send it to your account or the e-mail you'll give me" I said that, that sounds kinda fishy.

At the end he even mentioned that I need to wait 30 days which has never happened before because in my understanding, you can't simply "buy" a gift on the market or even unbox from a TF2 Crate.

So I would like to report him. I do hope I have provided enough evidence to help the Admin to investigate this.​

Attached Files:

2. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    If I'm wrong in any way, than why are people selling gifts that are "temporary" marked as "not tradeable, not marketable" ?
    It's kinda obvious that the person can simply "forget" to trade the gift after the "temporary" time has expired. He / she has actually should take a note to not forget it.

I don't see on his trade page http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25380435 that the items are temporary locked.

It's all seems fishy to me to be honest. I would never sell items that are "temporary" locked. As soon as the item I want to sell, becomes tradeable, than and only than I start selling it on trading websites. I can only hope more and more people do it the legitable way and wait when the item becomes available to trade.
  3. RockeT

RockeT Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44452933
    God almighty, I can not believe my own eyes.

Can anyone comprehend what the OP means by that? Me neither.

Oh, don't you? "The copies are giftable: You have to go first with the keys" - This means the copies are not tradable, and I require the buyer to go first in the trade. Once I've obtained their keys, I send the game to their desired account/e-mail shortly after. I have done this numerous times in the past (also recently), and never heard even a single complaint - by that I also mean lack of any action from the TF2 Outpost moderation.

It's not fishy, it's a trade involving trust. If you don't trust a person, you simply don't trade with them. Until they have actually scammed you or their method is used ONLY for scamming, you can not assume (especially with experience such as yours) someone is dodgy. Your opinion on what you would do with tradable/untradable items is irrelevant. On the other hand, seeing you want to report me for selling giftable games, then I invite to go ahead further and report people who buy/sell keys for PayPal money, also asking you to go first. Same utter bs-y kind of logic.

You want to know why people sell their untradable games? Because they can. There is no restriction to put a trade like that, especially when someone does not want to wait full 30 days for their Steamgift to become tradable (see below). There is nothing wrong with that, and if you don't want to trade with such a person, then just don't.

And with this, you've just proved how much of a newbie you are. Why aren't copies tradable for 30 days? Because Steam has introduced (like a year ago?) a restriction on freshly-bought Steamgifts, making them non-tradable for said 30 days after the purchase. Now comes the kicker: this is so obvious to someone who actually trades, that I didn't find it necessary to post this information fully - as it is understood by me writing that "the copies are giftable." But here, I put this in the trade's description right now, just for people like you. I don't even want to begin pondering on where you've got that marketable/unboxable idea from, as this is even bigger nonsense than this report. Next time you threaten someone to "report their ass", do me a favour and educate yourself what a scam is, either by reading some forums, asking a friend who is more in the know, or whatever, instead of blatantly misusing this site.

To whatever mod/admin who is reading this: Please mark this report with the "invalid" tag. I would not ever think, even in a drunken stupor, that buying games during sales and reselling them for a profit (without any actual scam occuring) could be reported here.
  4. Bobby Moore

Bobby Moore New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53535728
    I cant belive my eyes mate.

your saying its not fishy but you want us to go first.
    and it is fishy cos the copies are tradable straight away dont even piss me off ive bough games for my pals.
    and you talk utter bollocks mate, trade trust? we dont know you, you f✿✿✿in half wit, how can we trust you especcialy when steam wont return items, so when you do what you want to do, its a slow recovery for us with no penalty for you.
    the only person dodgy here is you cos youve got loads a reports about your scams an cons, av seen em too.

to which-ever admin whose reading the blog, ban rocket cos hes a c✿✿✿ and he'll carry on trying this shite, i want him banished from this plain so we can live with no fear.
  5. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    I have been scammed before. I sold my 9 unusuals for cash. The person paid me 1924 USD through paypal and I gave him all the unusuals. Next day he paypal charged back with as option "unauthorized transaction". Paypal believed the "scammer" and I lost 1924 USD + 9 unusuals as seen here in the backpack history : http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197990846423?time=1400457600 You don't need to tell me what scam is ;)
    (Proof : http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.68289/#post-303473 )
    This scammer has been banned ever since proof : http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198026522914

So in either case, I was just double checking, kinda wondering if I really would receive my steamgift game after 30 days after I paid you with my 4 TF2 Keys.
    It's not the first time that I paid someone TF2 keys and after several weeks and months received nothing. I lost way more TF2 keys than you can think off.
    Kinda normal that I'm wondering if you don't include on http://www.tf2outpost.com that the steamgift is temporary untradable and when I want to trade, than the rabbit comes out of the magic hat, than you tell me it's temporary untradable. A good seller always places as much information as needed to sell quick and trustworthy. Well I don't need it anymore. I'm already playing the game now.

Attached Files:

6. RockeT

RockeT Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44452933
    *facedesk*

This meant that if you want the game to be normally tradable, then you can come back in 30 days, because then it WILL be tradable. I have never said you will receive it in 30 days after you've given me 4 keys. What made you believe so? Anything else than a sheer belief that I am scamming, that is?

Kinda normal you're wondering if you need any explaining about something that is (or in the worst case should be) obvious.
    Also, don't call your friends to spam here. It's useless.

I am not going to write anything in this thread anymore, unless a mod or admin requests me to do so.
  7. Bobby Moore

Bobby Moore New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53535728
    youre a liar and a cheat, the copies are instantly tradable
  8. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    I have traded with a lot of people before for steamgifts and they were all instant tradeable.
    In the conversation you and I had, you said it was temporary untradeable. You could've placed it on tf2outpost that the item was temporary untradeable, so we shouldn't have this conversation know on this page. I only trade with people that have items that are instant tradeable. So because you did not place any time (example : temporary untradeable for 30 days) I thought the items you were selling, were all instantly tradeable. So I talked to you that day, to do the instant trade, yet than you said that the item was temporary untradeable.

So either :
    A You forgot to place it on tf2outpost that the items you were selling, were temporary untradeable due human mistake, can happen, I have no problem with that, we all forget something :)
    or
    B You tried to get free TF2 keys, in the hope, I, in this case, might forgot about it after "30 days"

If it was B, it's called a scam attempt.
    If it was A, there's nothing wrong with it.

Because I did now know which case you were using (A or B) I took the chance to make a report. Better safe than sorry.
    And because, like I said before, have lost too many TF2 keys before, because other people were using case B, I never got my keys back nor the item that I wanted.
    So in this case, this fresh new case, I only did it because I did not trust you which case you were using, A or B.

Because you are selling and I'm buying, you should have won my trust, which you didn't.
  9. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    I would like to call some proof on this :

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417

Why do I have to wait 30 days to trade my gift?

Steam restricts all gifts from being used in a Steam trade for 30 days after their original purchase date. However, you can still use the ‘Send A Gift’ feature to send this game to a friend at any time.

Wondering why Rocket did not use that feature "send a gift"... Than this whole conversation wouldn't take place at all...

Furthermore I would like to call this for more proof :

What's the difference between a scam and a hijack?

A scam is when a user deceives another user into willingly (at the time) completing a trade, market transaction, or sending a gift. After the trade is completed, the person who was scammed either doesn’t receive what was promised, or the items involved are not what was agreed upon.

Item "appeared" to be untradable even it was not stated on the trading website. Making it all complicated.
  10. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    @MISTERAMD There's nothing fishy or uncommon about Steam gifts been untraceable for a period of time. This feature was implemented by Steam some time ago. It places a trading restriction period (30 days for gifts from shop and 7 days on in-game items from market) on any items you purchase from Steam. The count down starts from the day you purchased the item.

It's also not uncommon to trade restricted items before they become tradable, but it can't be done at once through trading window since untradable items can't be added. It usually goes like the experience you had with accused. Someone agrees to go first and pay for a game and then receive it on email through send a gift option or the other way around. However, even though this trading practice is common it also very common to get scammed. There are a vast amount of reports on SR where the other party simply runs away after the other party paid for the game or sent the gift. That's why Steam and SR do not advice to do these kind of trades.

@Bobby Moore It's best not to spread incorrect information. For some time now Steam started to place trading restriction period on items purchased from them. Nothing you buy from Steam is tradable straight away. It's also a good idea to check out To All Those Who Are Eager To Help! (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/to-all-those-who-are-eager-to-help-updated.10030/).
  11. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    I fully understand CCPD. What I'm asking here is, because people know they are selling items that are temporary unavailable to trade, why are they trying to trade it any way, telling the buyer that they have to wait for their item. In other words, why can't they just wait 30 days and than sell their items?

If Rocket told me, immediately, that his items where temporary unavailable to trade, than it would be all fine for me and I would trade with him as soon as the items were available. No, what actually happened was, I invited him to trade, he accepted the invite to trade, I placed 4x TF2 keys and Rocket immediately was "ready" to trade, but he did not placed the steamgift. When I talked about the fact that he didn't placed the steamgift I wanted to buy from him, than, than, he said that the steamgift is temporary unavailable to trade. Get the point?

In other words, if I was "dumb" and accepted the trade, I lost 4x TF2 keys and received nothing and I'm still wondering if I would ever received my steamgift if I was dumb to trade with him.

Today, it's kinda very easy to say "I will get back to you in 30 days from now" and as soon as you become offline, they just remove you as their steam friend and they never talk back to you. When you add them later, because 30 days has past, they never accept your new friendrequest and they simply block you, thus they received 4x TF2 keys for free.

Read my text carefully and throughly, place yourself in my situation and I'm sure you'll understand why I made a report here.
  12. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    I simply posted the correct information and explanation regarding the trade practice. I can only explained it to you, I can't understand it for you.
  13. MISTERAMD

MISTERAMD New User

Steam:
    Than try to read my first 4 words...
    Let me help you...

But basically, if you can't place yourself in my situation, than something is seriously wrong with certain people these days.
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @MISTERAMD This type of trade-then-gift is common in Steam game trading ever since Valve added the game trading restrictions last winter. Asking to trade for a game separately is not proof of an attempted scam, even when the account is sketchy. From the chat logs, the accused clearly offers to have you wait 30 days and trade directly with all items in the trade window, I see no implication that you need to pay the keys up front, and you were offered to have the game sent as a gift immediately if you did. There is nothing anomalous or fishy about leaving that detail out either, because this new (and admittedly burdensome) restriction has become common knowledge within the game trading community, such that it's understood and assumed on-demand games are untradeable on purchase. In the past, game trading was not quite so locked down and "trusted" Steam accounts which have been in good standing and actively trading and buying games, were able to trade gifts immediately, but with Valve's new restrictions this 30-day trade lock applies to everyone, even myself.

That said, we still recommend trading safely. If for whatever reason you don't trust someone (and you should weigh each person carefully) you should wait out the 30 days and not make the trade outside the trade window. People still trade for gifts in the manner proposed, without being scammed, but it's significantly riskier this way.

For reference, Steam's updated trading policy regarding Steam gifts: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417#30daytrade
  15. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I am rejecting this report. See my note above.