1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198049504137 - (goose / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Black™, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Black™

Black™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30977877
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198049504137 (goose)

Victim profile: 76561198022221483

What happened? Description:
    Goose added me out of the blue saying he had an offer on my eerie KE. After a couple of minutes he explained that his offer was a cloudy moon charmer, something i have owned once in the past. after checking its price and looking at the market i was convinced this would be a fairly good trade. However, after looking at his backpack and seeing a Dead Presidents charmer instead of a moon one, i knew something was wrong. I joined his game and requested to see the charmer on his spy. To this request, he ignored me, and removed me from steam. i tried in the game chat to contact him again and change to spy, but he did not, and left the game promptly.

Although i was never gullible enough to actually go into the trade window with him, it is reasonably inferred that he was going to try to pass his DP chapeau for a moon one. I'm glad i was able to catch this before the trade went through.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here are screenshots of our steam chat, screenshots of his backpack and the DP charmer's history at the time of the attempted scam, and screenshots of the in-game chat where he refused to show me the charmer and left the game.​

Attached Files:

2. Blinkdemon5 (Miguel P.)

Blinkdemon5 (Miguel P.) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53805052
    Thank You for the report and a SRM/SRA will be here soon to determine the fate of the Report.
    Cheers.
  3. Black™

Black™ New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the response. Hopefully this is enough to get him marked. He evidently also scammed the charmer off of the unboxer, although i have no proof to support that.
  4. Blinkdemon5 (Miguel P.)

Steam:
    I see and don't worry, A mark will be imminent by the looks of it and perhaps a trade ban/probation.
    Make a steamcommunity report counter ticket thingy
  5. Black™

Black™ New User

Steam:
    Done and done.
  6. Black™

Black™ New User

Steam:
    been a month and a half. really now?
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
    @Blinkdemon5 (Miguel P.) , First I would like to thank you for the help here on forums. But please do not make promises of an imminent ban when an admin hasn't looked at this report.
  8. Blinkdemon5 (Miguel P.)

Steam:

That's no problem. Sjuru? ( I think this is how I spell his name) sent me a PM and Thanks Mate. Cheers.
  9. Black™

Black™ New User

Steam:
    been 8-9 months since i made this report. would appreciate if an admin could take a look at it
  10. ♠GmO♠ Goose

♠GmO♠ Goose Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44619204
    So uhh, what now, I'm done trading. i confess, I was a shark. Ban me from trading, whatever.
  11. ♠GmO♠ Goose

♠GmO♠ Goose Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44619204
    Still nothing? I have quit trading completely, the guy I scammed is now a duper. The f✿✿✿ is going on.