1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198050433855 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Tanner Butter, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanner Butter

Tanner Butter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52403796
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198050433855

Victim profile: 76561198065073321

What happened? Description:
    He added me to buy my knife offered to pay around market value. thought to be trusted cause of his past youtube career and also was on the friends list of a very popular youtuber "sheller" sent me screen shots of his current pay pal balance "thats below" then sent me a screen shot of him apparently sending me the money "thats below". he said that it may take a couple of hours for the money to come through. then he said he was going to restart his computer and then removed me and privated his profile​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Please include a screenshot of your trade history.
  3. Tanner Butter

Tanner Butter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52403796
    said that he couldn't sell those items on the market i could just take them

Attached Files:

4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Apologies for the wait. The post quoted above was made before I joined SteamRep staff in November of the same year. Because of this I believe that it's best that I recuse myself from processing this report. It will be handled as part of the queue for pre-2017 reports by another member of the staff.

If you believe that this report meets the criteria for expediting a pre-2017 report, please read and follow the instructions here.
  5. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    Hello @Tanner Butter ,

You need to provide an uncropped screenshot from your PayPal activity at least few days before and after (that week) June 12th, 2015.
  6. NeoCarnage

NeoCarnage Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45084063
    Hello! Scammer here. It's come to my attention that I have been permanently banned on backpack.tf regarding this 9 year old report. I am here to explain my side of the story and own up to my mistake. I am unaware if @Tanner Butter is still active but I would love to have him here as well. I have appealed both on backpack.tf as well as SteamRep but was told because I am not "tagged" by SteamRep I have nothing to appeal. However, I would like the opportunity to get this report archived and off of my profile so I have a chance of appealing on backpack.tf. I returned Tanner the stolen item the same day the scam happened, and am here to provide answers to any questions as well as any screenshots that may benefit my case. Thank you.
  7. Edward.

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello @NeoCarnage ,

Did you send the funds to the reporter you scammed or just returned the item?

Please provide the following:
    • Uncropped screenshot from your Inventory/Trade History from June 12th, 2015 when you received/sent the item, do this via a web browser by hovering over the user's name so a hyperlink will show in the bottom left.
    • Uncropped screenshot from your Inventory/Trade History from June 12th,2015 showing both trades, but this time from your Steam client. (enable Steam client URL in settings)
    Upload both screenshots to this report in a reply.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  8. NeoCarnage

NeoCarnage Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45084063
    No funds were ever sent. I simply returned the item.

Attached Files:

9. Edward.

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    You had more than 8 years to provide counter-evidence to your case that you sent back the item you've scammed, only reason you followed up with this report is due to your BPTF ban. Additionally you've provided the reporter/victim in this case doctored fake screenshots that you allegedly sent the $400 via PayPal that was in the original agreement. Besides all that I think you only sent back the item because the victim submitted a report against you, so to circumvent in getting SR banned you decided to send back the scammed item.
    Due to multiple factors in place and time passed you still pose risk to the trading community hence I will be only issuing a Caution tag.
    a Gentleman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.