1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198052074462 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by EvanW, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvanW

EvanW New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22645471
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198052074462

Victim profile: 76561198005556670

What happened? Description:
    This guy contacted asking to buy keys from me. I've sold him keys in the past, so I trusted him, and he also had a lot of Cashrep. Unfortunately, he wasn't trustworthy after all. I guess he gave up on his cash rep just for 69 keys, I don't know. Here is his (now locked) cashrep thread: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/0/618456760257786259/. As you can see he seems like a trustworthy guy with rep going back to March. I sent him the keys, to which he said that he would be right back to get some coffee. No big deal, I thought, it's probably morning where he is. He then blocked me and locked his rep thread. Please tell me if I need to include anything, I may have forgotten something as I am understandably flustered right now. Luckily it was just 69 keys and not something of much higher volume from someone else.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have included a screenshot of the trade itself, as well as what I have of the chat. Unfortunately, before the transaction was made I left to my smurf as I figured there was nothing wrong with the trade, so the chat is all I have of our conversation. Before that it was basically just agreeing on a price and him saying that he would be right back as he had to go get some coffee. What I have shows him saying that he will send me money, which hopefully is enough. I have also included a picture of my Paypal history, which as you can see does not have me receiving any money.​

Attached Files:

2. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3551729
    @Hello EvanW and thank you for your report.
    - Could you please take a new screenshot of your trade history and paypal that shows your entire screen. The screenshots shouldn't be cropped/edited when uploaded here.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. EvanW

EvanW New User

Steam:
    yes of course, here they are

Attached Files:

4. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    Thank you for the fast reply. I'll mark this as ready.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. EvanW

EvanW New User

Steam:
    I guess it doesn't really matter now, as he's already banned from another report. Too bad that report didn't go through before I dealt with him, but oh well :(
  6. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    I know, even tho sadly it couldn't have gone trough before because they were posted pretty much at the same time :/
  7. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Hello @EvanW,

Your report was accepted for this user, though they were already banned for other reports. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during any appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click More drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose Report Violation
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click Submit Report
    Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.