1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198052640461 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sans the Skeleton, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sans the Skeleton

Sans the Skeleton New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67323757
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198052640461

Victim profile: 76561198094913243

What happened? Description:
    Someone added me and asked me if i wanted to trade my karambit ultraviolet and my huntsman knife stained for his M9 bayonet marble fade. Then he asked if we could get an admin on SteamRep to help verify the items so than none of them were duped. So i agreed. We got the admin (Lava) to confirm our trade. Then, Lava said some of my items were duped and asked for them so they could renew the ownership. I foolishly agreed. Then both the other trader and Lava unfriended me. The other trader turned out to be an impersonator and my inventory was mostly gone. I would appreciate if you could find a way to help me in my current situation and if you cant i understand. Thank you for your time.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Sans the Skeleton
    If you believe you were scammed by someone listed on our admin or middleman lists, please start by reviewing the following guidance:
    I was scammed by a middleman/admin listed on SteamRep. What now?

Now, in order to accept your report, we need you to complete the following steps, EXACTLY as written, IN ORDER:

1. Go to your trade history from in your web browser. https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory
    2. Scroll down to the trade in question. It may be on a different page, but that's fine; just open the page which has this particular trade.
    3. Hover your mouse over the name of the person who received your item(s).
    4. With your mouse still over the name from step 3, take a full, uncropped screenshot, and save it to your desktop without making any edits.
    5. Right-click the name of the person who received your item(s) from the trade history page, and select Copy Link Address (Chrome), Copy Link Location (Firefox), or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer).
    6. Go to SteamRep.com and paste that link into the Search field. If a warning opens up (which may or may not happen), click "I understand".
    7. Copy and Paste the full text from the box below the profile picture that comes up into your next reply. You can click the "Copy Info" button on the SteamRep profile page from step 6.
    8. Upload your screenshot from step 4 as an attachment.
    9. Post your reply, including both step 7 and 8.

Do NOT paste links that look like this: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie because those links can change, and they are not easily searchable.
    Do NOT look up the accused's profile from the admin/middleman lists, or from any other website. We need you to provide the link exactly as it comes up following the instructions above.
    DO include the full SteamRep block derived from the Steam community URL.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Also I'd like to know who the other user was please...include a SR profile block for them as well.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Sans the Skeleton, I never traded with you. See the attached screenshot showing my trade history from the past month; you will see there are no CSGO items in it.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Some internal notes pertaining to investigation:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving report due to lack of follow up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.