1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198054714997 - (Neeno / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MaVe -- 177, May 23, 2014.

1. MaVe -- 177

MaVe -- 177 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72457992
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198054714997 (Neeno)

Victim profile: 76561198105181712

What happened? Description:
    We completed a paypal trade, 19 keys for $37.6, he paid first, keys were given, but an hour later he claimed it unauthorized​

Provide Evidence:
    Paypal -
    http://gyazo.com/20410c82c9b8670658dd61c59eda2104

Agreement -
    http://gyazo.com/4f0858a0526455fb19865a15c230cca6

Proof -
    http://gyazo.com/32ce98621de4092e7eae0099ef315238

Was a shock to me, he looked like a legit guy, had a fair amount of games, had a reasonable reason to want to buy a game, if I'm missing anything please tell me, I've never had to do this before.

Thank you
    David​

Attached Files:

2. MaVe -- 177

MaVe -- 177 New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

3. MaVe -- 177

MaVe -- 177 New User

Steam:
    This has been resolved, please close, thank you
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review.
  5. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47224634
    why the report hasnt been removed yet ?!!
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  7. MaVe -- 177

MaVe -- 177 New User

Steam:
    The payment was authorized in a call to paypal, so this dispute is over, please remove it. it was resolved the same day, i dont know why you need so much proof to end the dispute, if both traders are happy then thats enough
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @MaVe -- 177,

Unless circumstances are being given, we cannot process this request to close the report. The problem lies in intent. And to establish intent, we need to know WHAT exactly happened. And unless that is given, we can only process the report itself, and not the call/request to close it.

I can process the report right now. But the accused will have to appeal to us after.

Sorry to be such a pain, but in a lot of cases scammers only paid back/settled things after they where reported, only to prevent to be marked, not because they wanted to pay up. And your messages above indicate that the accused had removed/blocked you at the time of reporting. This is a indicator to us that such intended to get away with it.
  9. MaVe -- 177

MaVe -- 177 New User

Steam:
    I understand, I'm not 100% sure what happened but this is what happened from my point of view;

Neeno initially sent the PayPal funds as a regular payment but because of fees didn't send enough, so i refunded the payment
    after this he came back several hours later after "visiting" the bank and sent the correct amount.
    Because he paid with a credit/debit card instead of PayPal balance, when you're refunded i believe you have to wait up to 7 days for the money to be returned to them, Neeno not wanting to wait called paypal and i believe there was a misunderstanding on their part when trying to get his original payment back sooner.
    I'm not 100% sure what happened, but eventually a few hours later Neeno accepted my friends request after removing me ( i assume he did this just because the trade was over) and did all he could to remove the unauthorized hold on the PayPal funds.
    Neeno called PayPal and they resolved the issue.
    that's all i know from my part.

Feel free to add me if anything is needed or just respond here and ill reply
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    @MaVe -- 177
    Thanks, I'll ask Neeno's version

@Neeno,

What was your take on it?
  11. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47224634
    Hi
    well as Mave explained except that a little misleading part is that , first i'm from egypt and they just opened paypal egypt recently like 1 year and we still on like a beta phase of it where you can only send payments through a verified credit/debit card and we can't receive payments or link bank accounts yet & also we don't have the feature of send payment as gift or family so i have to calculate the fees amount when i do a paypal trade and send the extra with the original amount, so when i first trade with "Mave" i calculated the fees wrong instead of 2.9% i calculated it 2.7% so it was like 60 cents less than the amount was supposed to be sent, so when he received the payment he immediately refunded me back and i received an e-mail confirming that, and since i'm using a debit internet card for privacy and security reasons i only put specific amount of money it when i intend to purchase something online, so i called my bank and they told me that the money that is refunded back still in hold from paypal side and they gave me an approval number, so i went to my bank ATM to put more money in it so i can trade again with Mave and this time it we completed it well , we did the regular parts of any trade i went 1st he traded me the keys we +rep each other and then we wished each other a nice day and as i always do i regularly clean my friend list from traders as most traders do to me, and then i went to play a bit of dota 2 & while i was in mid game i receive a friend invite from a guy i think he is from steam rep and mave so i accepted both friend invites to see what happens and then the rest you all know the only part missing is after i finished the trade with Mave , i called my bank again to see if i can get my refunded money earlier and not wait 9 days for it so they told me to go to paypal and make a claim or a dispute and to put the approval number the bank gave me of the transaction and attach it with the dispute , but somehow since the refunded and the completed transactions was like near to each other and their transaction IDs are so close to each other when i fill for reclaim or a transaction dispute i copy/pasted the wrong transaction ID (i can attach screenshots of both transaction IDs page) and then when i talked to Mave again i sorted it out with paypal customer service even though we dont have a paypal egypt phone line i had to use this website called gethuman to contact them since cancelling the dispute online was bugged to me and i showed the error message i received to Mave and then everything went well.

i apologize for the very long post but i wanted to clear things out since i hate being a scammer are being accused of fraud i regularly check steam rep for anyone who i wanna trade with so to make things legit and clean , and if you need anymore details or questions let me know.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    ok, thank you @Neeno for clarifying a number of things and being so candid.

I will now mark the report as invalid, and archive it, for premature report before PayPal's issues where resolved. This will remove the report from "pending" on your SR page for it has been handled.