1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198058217784 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Lamartian, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamartian

Lamartian New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36064411
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198058217784

Victim profile: 76561198032394550

What happened? Description:
    I had posted a trade on TF2/Dota 2 Outpost advertizing my desire to sell my entire Dota 2 inventory for the value of $40. I received a friend request from Puncake01|~BUYING~|tf2shop.net. This person had a small friends list containing what appeared to be trading bots and storage accounts. The conversation seen in the evidence section took place, and about halfway through, a "middleman" by the username | Deluxe |, who I'd also like to report (I'll post his information after this description of events), was added to the chat. If my inventory was worth more, I'd consider myself a fool for having gone through with this trade - neither scammer provided any verification as to their affiliation with the sites they claim they're with, and I forgot to ask for their PayPal account. They also didn't want to use SteamRep middlemen - that should have been a bigger red flag to me than it was. Alas, I traded my items to | Deluxe | (as seen in the evidence) and never received any compensation. Let this be a warning to anyone who comes across these two, and I would at least be wary of sites like TF2shop, Dota2shop and CSGOshop!

| Deluxe |'s information
    SteamID64: 76561198145353146

| steamname: | Deluxe | TF2shop.net |
    | steam3ID: [U:1:185087418]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:92543709
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145353146
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deluxe609
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198145353146

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Massive Berry

Massive Berry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48048774
    upload_2014-11-30_13-28-7.png
    Just want to throw in my own experience with this individual.
  3. Lamartian

Lamartian New User

Steam:
    Thanks. Anything that can be found about people like this is helpful. I realize that while my case was mostly my fault, these guys are still pretending to be something they're not and they're ripping people off.

Does anyone know if they have any actual affiliation with the TF2Shop network as they claim they do? After doing further research, it seems that a lot of people have had troubles with the sites but I've yet to see any (substantiated) claims of scamming, though the websites all seem suspicious to me. It would be good to know if the sites are in fact trustworthy or not in addition to making everyone aware that these guys, Puncake and Deluxe, are scammers.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Private notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks for your report, this should be ready for an admin to review.

I did some research of my own just to 100% confirm this, and they are not affiliated with TF2Shop.net or any of those sites they claim to represent. I also know that, while I cannot endorse them or vouch for their services, tf2shop.net, csgoshop.com, and dota2shop.net are legitimate websites. The accused was just hijacking their credibility to steal your items.
  6. Lamartian

Lamartian New User

Steam:
    Thank you, lava. I feel like an idiot for not verifying their affiliations, but at least it's good to know that they're not with those sites.

I would just like to remind any admin reading this that I wish to report both the accused person and his accomplice. I included said accomplice's info below the details, but if I need to make a separate report for him, then I will. Thanks in advance
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Could you please re-take your inventory history screenshot from within the Steam program?
  8. Lamartian

Lamartian New User

Steam:
    Sure, here they are.

invhistory1.png invhistory2.png invhistory3.png
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
  10. Lamartian

Lamartian New User

Steam:
    Will do. Thanks for the tip.
  11. Lamartian

Lamartian New User

Steam:
    Hate to bring this up again, but I do check on this thread every once in a while to see if this case gets elevated. Not a big deal if it stays at "evidence provided," because at least it can still serve as a warning to others, but it seems that that the "unconfirmed reports" warning is only showing on the SteamRep profile of the first person I reported and not the second. A quick look at the second guy's Steam profile shows that he is still up to the same old tricks. Would it be possible for someone with the ability to make sure the "unconfirmed reports" warning shows up on his SteamRep profile? These two may not always work together and I'd hate for anyone else to fall victim to another scam because the guy's SteamRep looked to be in good standing.
  12. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.