1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198060477388 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Detroit Velvet Smooth, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Detroit Velvet Smooth

Detroit Velvet Smooth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3764534
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198060477388

Victim profile: 76561197967794797

What happened? Description:
    we agreed to spycrab some items. He put up 8 refined metal pure and I put up one mann co supply crate key. after getting wager agreement we crabbed. I won 3-0 and after declaring vi​

Provide Evidence:
    Agreed to crab Snake (name at the time) his 8 ref pure vs my 1 mann co supply crate key. After I won 3-0 he left the server. Proof is below View attachment 135823 View attachment 135824 View attachment 135825 View attachment 135826

Attached Files:

2. Detroit Velvet Smooth

Steam:
    This is not meant to push you guys to finish this report, I'm sure you have many other larger reports to fill, this is just my first time filing a proper report. Normally how long should I expect to wait for a report to be looked over? Cheers.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
  4. Detroit Velvet Smooth

Steam:
    How much longer till the review is final?
  5. Detroit Velvet Smooth

Steam:
    Sorry, but how long does this take to get this scammer filed? I have all the proper evidence, and its been more than a week.
  6. Detroit Velvet Smooth

Steam:
    So its been a month and a half, I have 2 open scam reports that have yet to be addressed.
  7. Detroit Velvet Smooth

Steam:
    Now its been 6 months, do you not have a list of pending reviews to do or what?
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hello @Detroit Velvet Smooth,

It's important that everyone understand that SteamRep is a small volunteer organization helping a 75-million member community. Not every report will receive a response (and definitely not always right away). Not even Valve can handle all of the community's reports and they have incredible income. We're definitely not going to be able to do the same level of investigation on every individual report and you shouldn't expect that. Even if we tripled our staff, there's simply no volunteer group that can handle such volume and the growth in this scene. (Gone are the days of a mere dozen trade servers to monitor and an in-game TF2 trade window.)

One key thing we prioritize for investigation, though, is the quantity of scam reports submitted against an account. By submitting a report against a repeat offender, you help ensure they do get banned as quickly as possible through the community and provide guidance to other traders on your experience with them. SteamRep provides a public capture of these reports so traders can educate themselves and do better research even if each report can't be analyzed right away. We feel it's better to have these situations logged rather than lost entirely (e.g. if you report a violation on Steam, it helps Valve know quantities, but may not help traders understand what actually happened so they can make their own decisions to protect themselves).
  9. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we no longer accept reports involving in game bets (such as spycrabbing or heavy boxing), these should be reported to the community where it happened.

Thanks for the report nevertheless.