1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Declined Report: 76561198061579402 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Persian Prince, Jun 3, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persian Prince

Persian Prince New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41599540
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198061579402

Victim profile: 76561198043464809

What happened? Description:
    8 years ago Murk and I played world of warcraft together. Admittedly, I was more immature back then as I was younger. I led an unsuccessful guild at the time, and imploded when my father passed away, lashing out on everybody around me. There was a bit of a redemption arc when I reformed a guild with a healthier perspective for what it means to be a team, and we eventually got Top 5 US and top 15 world rankings on retail (woohoo redemption arc).

Onto the scam...
    Murk was very enthusiastic about my dual berettas panther because they had 2 ibuypower hiolo and a dignitas holo on them. In good faith I told him he could hang onto them as long as he gave them back (he asked if he could).

Fast forward later that same year "hey can I get my berettas back?" I've been left on read ever since. It's sorta been a sick ritual of mine to message him and get donowalld. I took this loss long ago, and knew I wasn't getting them back the second he ignored me the first time.
    What was odd was he never removed or blocked my, simply ignored my messages over the years. Thanksgiving would pass by that year and I'd go oh yeah, i should message that guy for my guns back.

The year is now 2024, I'm over the loss but I figured hey let's shoot this guy a message and he responds admitting to "still having them" (which is a lie, checking csfloat they had another dignitas added and were then sold for 10k. and now m0nesy has them).

Now that I have incriminating chat evidence of Murk admitting all of this in steam chat, I would like to report him for the scammer that he is. His response was because I 'treated him like a nobody in world of warcraft' that it was valid for him to essentially not return them despite our agreement when I was kind enough to lend him the item.

I can live with this mistake, and obviously recovery isn't on the table (it's the internet, I misjudged and made a mistake; I was young and an idiot yadayada). But I just want to make sure he isn't able to swindle anybody else.

Also before I get called out for it;
    When these stickers were applied they weren't worth much, and they were given to me by a friend who's now passed a few years back. He trollingly said "put them on your shittiest guns!" and I obliged. Hindsight 20/20; don't trust anybody on the internet kids! Even if you've known them a while. (duh!)​

Provide Evidence:
    "Murk Scammer" picture shows murk clearly admitting to the agreement by saying he still has the guns. He then validates not returning them to me.
    He doesn't still have them though, he is lying. They were sold for 10k and now sit in a pro player's inventory (m0nesy).

Honestly, I'm just happy they're getting mileage by a pro, I can take the L on this one, I just want to share the L with Murks ;)

Important note - I only added the two ibuypowers and dignitas holo stickers. It used to have some other funny rainbow type sticker I put on it, but it was replaced with another dignitas holo.

Added screenshots of the original trade + a phone pic of the berettas highlighted so you can see the stickers on it.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    There is no scam or evidence here - you can't just report someone for something you claim happened without proof such as the formal agreement which you don't have.
    Please do not submit reports without proper evidence here.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.