1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198067441844 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Tasty Salamanders, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasty Salamanders

Tasty Salamanders New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36112499
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198067441844

Victim profile: 76561198032490726

What happened? Description:
    The person advertised a Haunted Metal Scrap on TF2 Outpost for one refined + the gift wrap needed to trade it. I added them and we agreed to the trade.

After sending the refined and gift wrap they failed to send the Haunted Metal Scrap and instead unadded me and changed their profile name.​

Provide Evidence:
    The TF2 Outpost posting: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24677712

There they list multiple items up for trade, they all remain within the user's inventory but they closed the trade almost instantly after getting the gift wrap + refined from me.

In the screenshots you can see the agreement, exactly like stated in Outpost listing, and them leave (from defriending me) right at the end.

In the trade history you can see I sent the refined + gift wrap, just as stated in the agreement. While these screenshots aren't supposed to be cropped I edited out the name of another user I conducted a trade with since they are unrelated to this report (for the record, the high price of the Vintage Flare Gun was due to it being a rare level 100). I left the other user uncropped to minimise cropping and because they are a Scrap Warehouse trading bot.

In the final picture you can see both the Haunted Metal Scrap and the gift wrap in their inventory, this is not the case now as the user while I was writing out this report posted FOUR listings for the single piece of gift wrap on TF2 Outpost.
    Listing 1: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24695085
    Listing 2: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24695149
    Listing 3: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24695204
    Listing 4: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24695434

You can click on the gift wrap and see its item history to verify that it was the one I sent them, the only one in their inventory at the time of the screenshot.

I don't think there is any more evidence I can possibly add, but if there is ask and I will see what I can do.​

Attached Files:

2. Tasty Salamanders

Steam:
    Since I can't edit the report (probably due to this issues that a changing report would cause); after posting this I also flagged the user on Outpost itself with a link to this report. They have now been banned from Outpost unless this is resolved in their favour at which point they can appeal. Given I am fairly sure there is sufficient evidence in my report I doubt it will be resolved in their favour. So at least while this report continues to be pending their involvement in the trading community has been hindered.
  3. Tasty Salamanders

Steam:
    You mean the admission? Whether or not you were pressured into it doesn't change that you did do it, for all the evidence I posted nothing beats a straight up admission. Also I see that you've posted here using a new Steam account you just created today, likely to get around the TF2OP ban and your likely forth coming Steam Rep ban.

I'm sorry but I don't forgive you because you claim you were pressured and I am not interested in your backpack as compensation.

Attached Files:

4. Tasty Salamanders

Steam:
    UPDATE
    Well this report is old as hell but as the victim I would like to update it.

Back when I first made this thread the accused did make an offer of compensation which I rejected at the time. I have been recently been re-contacted by the accused, they apologised, expressing what I felt was a sincere desire to set things right and once again offered compensation. From the conversation with them I believe they are truly sorry for what they did years ago and really wanted to make things right and have accepted both their apology and compensation.

In the years since the initial report there is no evidence I can see that they have continued this behaviour and that it was a one-off incident. As such; the accused has repaid, apologised, and not re-offended. I not longer have any interest in pursuing this report and believe any punishment at this point would serve no advantage to the community.

If any admin in the future does ever actually review this report I hope this update is taken into account when processing the report.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    archiving since the evidence is mostly gone now anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.