1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198067532924 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Marvash Magalli, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvash Magalli

Marvash Magalli New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56049412
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198067532924

Victim profile: 76561198086941319

What happened? Description:
    Pigeon owns this bot https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198385963612 , and since his backpack was full, I won on his profile to leave this comment "You bot's backpack is full".
    I shortly after receive a comment on my profile from a user named Pigeon, saying that he wanted to discuss, and a friend request. I accept the request and this convo happens: https://i.imgur.com/uH2Wf09.png
    He was clearly interested in my unusual.
    I then realize that this guy, evidently not Pigeon, nor his alt account like I was thinking, unfriended me, and proceeded to change name. I managed to record the convo, old name and profile pic, friend request and cancelled comment on my profile, thanks to the fact that the Steam App conserves that data if you go back without reloading. The video should speak for itself, sadly I can't record 2 pages at the same time, so the part where I try to open the user's profile from my steam convo is not showing.
    This is my first report, I hope this was good.
    Here's the link to the video:

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't see much of any scam here or at least proven showing intent to defraud.
    What else do you have @Marvash Magalli
  3. Marvash Magalli

Marvash Magalli New User

Steam:
    Yes, maybe the the fact that he asked me about my unusual out of nowhere, and unfriended me when I told him I wasn't selling it isn't enough to prove an intent to defraud, but I think I provided enough proofs regarding the impersonation attempt?
    In the steam chat he said he was the bot owner, but that was a lie, and in the video is shown his name history proving it, and if you check his Steam profile, you'll how he constantly changes his name, profile picture and custom url.
    I still have the chat tab open, would it be good evidence showing that the profile opened through the chat tab shown in the imgur link actually leads to the user I'm reporting?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Asking about unusual out of no where isn't a scam.
    Impersonation alone isn't reportable gotta show clear intent to defraud.
    What bot? I see a mention of a bot but I see no account ID mentioned so I can't verify anything of that.
    We don't review videos - gotta show me screenshots.
    The user is already tagged/banned for impersonating a listed Middleman here which is intent to defraud but what I'm having issues with here is the lack of evidence to show it in this report.
  5. Marvash Magalli

Marvash Magalli New User

Steam:
    I thought the Steam link was enough, here's the bot's ID 76561198385963612
    What kind of proof do you need, other than the steam conversation? Help me understand, as I said this is my first report, I avoided uploading "Proof that you verified the identity of the person", because as soon as I go his profile, he already changed his identity.
    Either way, in case that's useful, here's the screenshot of the profile that is linked to my Steam conversation, as of now.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You gave me the steam link - I do not see it in the chat.
    Get what I'm saying here?
  7. Marvash Magalli

Marvash Magalli New User

Steam:
    Yes, I see what you are saying now. I don't know if I'm annoying you but I feel like you are not really trying to help me. I asked you "What kind of proof do you need, other than the steam conversation? Help me understand"
    I can provide a screenshot of his friend request, his (now deleted) comment on my profile, and his steam profile showing how he was impersonating this user.
    But if you say me that the conversation doesn't prove intent to defraud, and impersonating without intent to defraud is not bannable, we can end this here, and save us some time.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That little bit of conversation in the steam chat doesn't prove or isn't enough proof to show impersonation with intent to defraud.. Unless you have more I'm afraid that is all I can do.
    Again though - keep in mind the user is already tagged/banned also for another offense.
  9. Marvash Magalli

Marvash Magalli New User

Steam:
    You can close this thread then
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.