1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198070473965 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by inulover009, Feb 7, 2015.

1. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:106960591
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198070473965

Victim profile: 76561198088146898

What happened? Description:
    THE VICTIM IS NOT A VICTIM, BUT RATHER THE SR MARKED SCAMMER THEY HAVE TRADED WITH. The accused has traded multiple unusuals with a user since that user was marked by SR.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
  3. Slip

Slip New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55104118
    I have many times denied buying quicksale unusuals from known SR scammers - however this is a different story.
    Yes, the evidence you provided shows me buying from a scammer - although to your possible disbelief I had no idea he was a scammer.

The only reason I really didn't look into it - well, ever - was because this person has been on my friends list for quite some time. I have made many fair and profitable trades from this person before now finding out he is marked as a SR Scammer (just today).

If you look into the trades it shows I acquired the unusuals 2 months ago - and this user was banned 70 days ago. That gives me a 10 day notice - of which I would rarely (if not ever) check on a long time friend.

For him to pipe up a few times in a week and ask me if I was interested in some Quicksale unusuals (which were average quicksale, a bud off maybe?) only seemed like a normal occurrence.

I hope you can sympathize with this - as this has just come out of the blue - and I have never experienced something like this in all my time on Steam.
  4. Slip

Slip New User

Steam:
    I have also never received a warning or caution from SR staff.

As per COBALT's post under the thread.

< If the circumstances don't allow for a warning, for it was too obvious a alt, repeated offenses, should have known to check SR etc, then a Caution tag is applied. >

Sure you may not believe my story - but giving me a SR Scammer tag is just overkill - for an innocent user.
  5. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    Nobody may have warned you as it seems it was only noticed when this report was filed. As to not noticing, surely an unusual trader such as yourself would check your profile on SR often enough just to be sure no scammers slip onto your friends list. I know I do, just in case. Also, generally scam reports take awhile to be accepted, so you would have seen "unconfirmed reports" on his SR profile as well. I do agree with you though, 10 days isn't all that long between being marked and having to notice.
  6. Slip

Slip New User

Steam:
    As I said - I definitely wouldn't have suspected anything as this user has been a good friend for a long time.

Last time I checked his SR (apart from today) was ages back.
  7. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    But as I pointed out, you being an unusual trader, I would assume you would check Steamrep often, if not on your friends, but on yourself in case scammers slip onto your friends list. Steamrep gives a number of scammers you are friends with. I check at least once a week to be sure.
  8. Slip

Slip New User

Steam:
    Haha, yea. I'll definitely from now on keep an extremely close eye on that whenever I make any trades.

I just hope a SR Admin can sympathize with this :I