1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198071305586 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by leonmfps, Jan 7, 2015.

1. leonmfps

leonmfps New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59699372
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198071305586

Victim profile: 76561198079664473

What happened? Description:
    The accused asked me to trade my items to a friend to check if it is duped or not. After trading it, he will use his friend/alt to impersonate my friend and scam the items off me.

Next the accused mentioned using a 'SteamRep' middleman even thought the trade was supposedly to be done in keys.

Finally the accused asks me to give him the unusuals so he can check for himself if it is duped or not and promising he will return it afterwards.​

Provide Evidence:
    Direct copy from what happened:

The accused asked me to trade my items to a friend to check if it is duped or not. After trading it, he will use his friend/alt to impersonate my friend and scam the items off me.

Next the accused mentioned using a 'SteamRep' middleman even thought the trade was supposedly to be done in keys.

Finally the accused asks me to give him the unusuals so he can check for himself if it is duped or not and promising he will return it afterwards.

To summarise, scammer tried three scamming methods on me: friend, fake middleman and duped item scam.​

Attached Files:

2. New Bee™

New Bee™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41931442

Attached Files:

3. leonmfps

leonmfps New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59699372
    Hello, I'm not sure whether you're trying to 'bust' him or me. Anyways, here's my backpack when he added me: (http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198079664473?time=1420531200)
    I was in possession of a Miami Nights Brotherhood and a Purple Energy Liquidator's Lid. The date of the link above was the day before I sold my unusuals to Hugh Jazz Man.
  4. DoktorDiscord

DoktorDiscord New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50757146
    ^No, he's talking about the accused. The screenshot provided shows the accused in contact with him.

As an additional note, if anyone has encounters with this user, please make your own thread(s); tacking your stuff onto this one doesn't help.