1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198071897659 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ILoveYou2, Jan 3, 2015.

1. ILoveYou2

ILoveYou2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50280010
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198071897659

Victim profile: 76561198060825749

What happened? Description:
    He started to speak to me for a skype call with his friends. during this time i was playing borderlands 2 and i brought him in the game along with the skype call. he didn't ask about my unusuals until like 3 hours later. he asked me if i wanted to trade my hat for another hat and i asked what it is. he showed me the other hat through a picture so i agreed to trade. He said he's going to be the middle man for it so i agreed. i gave the hat to him, now he has both hats, and just left skype. I asked him for my hat back and got no response at all. A person named roar added me after that and told me i gave the hat to him as a gift and i disagree with that, but the person claimed that i did, which is total lie, resulting in a scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    after the links in the chat screen shot, that when we did the trade as him being the middle man.

Theres a history of one screenshot showing me trading the hat to him.

the other one is a person named roar and he told me i gave the guy the hat as a gift which is completely untrue.​

Attached Files:

2. [M&C] TheBluekr

[M&C] TheBluekr SteamRep Moderator Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63807812
    Can you provide also the chat log from skype? Else missing the part of the agreement where he asks it.
  3. ILoveYou2

ILoveYou2 New User

Steam:
    I can't. We talked it out through voice chat
  4. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    Then it may be hard to prove he attempted a middleman scam since there isn't anything left about it
  5. :D k

:D k New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50609057
    I am roar from there, btw I have nothing to do with the scam but I have been helping the victims through with reports, it turns out the scammer always uses skype to chat about the price (same with another victim, who will send a report through later). I do believe it's to avoid chat history as evidence. However, I did take some interesting screenshot which shows that the scammer did truly scam in which I will upload in a report later
  6. :D k

Steam:
    Well this was the excuse he used after I said 'how did you even get this unusual anyways'. Which is clearly a lie and doesn't match with the victim's explanation

Attached Files:

7. :D k

Steam:
    Words are cheap, pain is real :(.

Attached Files:

8. ILoveYou2

ILoveYou2 New User

Steam:
    How do you want me to get that voice chat from skype? otherwise is this post useless?keep in mind after the trade, roars chat was right after that trade. I don't drink either.
  9. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    That what he posted may make a difference, seems he indirect admits that he scammed it, nobody tries to gift free unusuals through trades, and else he would reply here with his evidence. We'll see how it will turn out.
  10. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    Please trade history
  11. ILoveYou2

ILoveYou2 New User

Steam:
    the trade history photo is attached above
  12. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    I saw 2 same posts of you, I have already asked already earlier to include it, you don't have to ask it after it's already added or asked to add since it fills the report more with same messages.
  13. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    Seems he moved all the items possibly to a alt, I'll try to trace the unusual.
  14. Chromica

Chromica New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61694877
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Is there any chance you could try and trace mine too? backpack.tf can't find it anymore, so I would greatly appreciate just knowing where it is.
  15. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    I guess it will be hard to trace, bp.tf thinks it's still in your bp since it's made private/friends-only before it got scammed :/
  16. ILoveYou2

ILoveYou2 New User

Steam:
    i traced my bucket helmet and spoke to the buyer. He didn't know anything, but was wondering why the person sold the hat very low.

Attached Files:

17. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    That's one alt, can you add it with all data (SteamID32, Steam Link, Steam custom and all others)?
  18. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    I apologize for the delay in responding to this report. Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with the report due to the following:
    • The entire chat conversation appears to be either incomplete or missing, of which would contain the ENTIRE trade agreement and is vital for a report to be processed. This should always be discussed within the Steam chat.
    • Screenshots must be full screen, uncropped, and unedited.
    As such, this report will be marked Declined. Please read this guide: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ and https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/ prior to submitting a report.
    Regards.