1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198071897659 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Chromica, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Chromica

Chromica New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61694877
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198071897659

Victim profile: 76561198083655482

What happened? Description:
    He approached me through Steam chat and asked if I wanted to talk on Skype. I hadn';t known him previously, but I thought "Why the heck not?". We started playing TF2 together, and he started talking about his friend who had some unusuals. He asked me if I liked any and said he could get me them for free. He said he would use my Cloud 9 Hat of Cards to get one from his friend, and that he would get it back to me later. So I gave him the hat. Soon after he said he had to leave. I checked my friends list sometime later and saw he wasn't on it, and when I went to send a friend request I saw I was blocked. When I confronted him later he initially denied knowing me and then later started to blow me off. A person named roar approached me and brought me up to speed about the accused activities. He informed me that the accused was spreading lies about how he got the hat, saying I gave it as a present.

Overall he claimed to be a middle man that ran and hid as soon as he got my item.

He also changes his name a lot, probably to avoid detection.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first screenshot is the trade I made giving him my C9 Hat of Cards.

The other two are of the chat I had with roar this afternoon discussing the scam.​

Attached Files:

2. :D k

:D k New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50609057
    Yep, just backing him up, the scammer told me his version of how he 'got' it. Which is highly unlikely and a load of baloney. I am not involved in the scam in any way, but just a kind soul, helping out

Attached Files:

3. :D k

:D k New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50609057
    Yeah, apparently his guy is just absolutely lying his ass off now

Attached Files:

4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    I apologize for the delay in responding to this report. Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with the report due to the following:
    • The entire chat conversation appears to be either incomplete or missing, of which would contain the ENTIRE trade agreement and is vital for a report to be processed. This should always be discussed within the Steam chat.
    • Screenshots must be full screen, uncropped, and unedited.
    As such, this report will be marked Declined. Please read this guide: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ and https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/ prior to submitting a report.
    Regards.