1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198072120323 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bluefin, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4314381
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198072120323 ()

Victim profile: 76561197968894490

What happened? Description:
    The scammer promised to send me $58 via Paypal if I went first but after I sent him the green confetti stovepipe and 3 tf2 keys he deleted me, blocked me and went private.​

Provide Evidence:
    Below are screenshots of our conversation in which he promised to send me $58 after the trade but deleted me, blocked me and went private instead. I've also attached a screenshot of the trade showing that the items did go to the scammer.​

Attached Files:

2. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
  3. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    The scammer tried to sell my hat to others and two different people commented on my tf2outpost thread (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21662755) regarding the stolen stovepipe and keys. A third person who was offered the hat got the scammer to go first and returned the hat to me. So I let him keep the 3 keys and added a 4th as thanks. The scammer also added me to apologize after he no longer had possession of the items in order to avoid being marked. I'm attaching screenshots of the scammer admitting to the scam and apologizing plus admitting to scamming those two keys a year ago. I'm also adding screenshots of the third party returning the hat to me. This person should be marked even though he apologized because he admitted to two different scams.

Attached Files:

4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, can you give a screenshot of ALL your paypal history?
    Make sure it shows at least one month of history.
  5. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    Attached are all payments that I've received in the last month. It shows that no payment has been received recently. I've also attached a chat log from someone that was offered my stovepipe after it got scammed and as soon as the potential buyer informed the scammer of this thread he got deleted.

Attached Files:

6. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello, @Bluefin.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review and an SR admin will handle it ASAP.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.