1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198073264902 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Commodore BodyShot, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commodore BodyShot

Commodore BodyShot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20550732
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198073264902

Victim profile: 76561198001367192

What happened? Description:
    Ducky, who has been on my friends list for a long about of time, but has not played with or contacted me for any reason in a few years randomly sent me a message claiming, and I quote

"I might of reported you for dupped items dupped items instead of someone else
    he banned my bestfriend squidzle" This can be seen in the "initial conversation" photo Ive provided.

I was then asked to friend a "valve employee" (seen in "continued" image) and tell them that the report was an accident. Upon going to the "employees" profile I found it done it as if they were trying their darndest to look like a legit employee ("valve employee" image). At the bottom of the page is a comment from the earlier mentioned squidzle, who is indeed trade banned but obviously not by the faker. ("banned friend"). Knowing full well this wasnt a real employee I decided to check their profile in steamrep, and lo and behold the account was banned ("employee steamrep" image). Seemingly for pretending to be an admin and trying to scam items to check if they were duped going by the report for him (https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198398340738-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.185000/).

For morbid curiosity I added the "employee" to see where it would go, and they did pretend to be a legit employee and say the false report and "imminent ban" was removed. Before they could start asking for the so called duped Items I called them out on their steam rep profile and they promptly removed me ("employee conversation" photo).

I do believe that the already banned account, currently named BUAK, and the Ducky Mcfergus account are either the same person trying to scam people, or two individuals working together. I do believe that the Trade banned person may also be in on it, as they are friends with both the "employee" and the initial "dupe reporter" (https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198055385390).​

Provide Evidence:
    Screencaps and links provided.​

Attached Files:

2. Commodore BodyShot

Steam:
    I should mention now, the "([Other] Other game items)" in the title would more than likely be TF2 going by that being the game the "employee/admin" was banned for trying to scam from.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Are you sure your friend wasn't compromised?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Also don't crop screen shots - FULL screens only!
    who is the other user they suggested to you?
  5. Commodore BodyShot

Steam:
    There is a chance they may be compromised. OR they may be trying to make a quick buck off of other people. Sorry about the images. The only user that was suggested to me was the so called "employee", BUAK. (http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198398340738)
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  7. Commodore BodyShot

Steam:
    My mistake for not including that info in the report. Sorry about that.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.