1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198073917236 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ThatAngryMan, Feb 22, 2015.

1. ThatAngryMan

ThatAngryMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53480681
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198073917236

Victim profile: 76561198067227091

What happened? Description:
    He agreed to trade me his "Murder of Crows" set after I gifted him my "The Witch Hunter" bundle, well you know what happens next, he then immediately disconnects and block our communication after I gifted him mine. I trusted him because his steam profile was filled with tons of positive commendations so I can only assume that his "reputation" is forged.

Looking back at his dota2lounge offers, he only accepts giftable set while ignoring legitimate trade that requires both parties to exchange items at the same time, he always uses the same reason which is the number of commendations to get the opponent to gift him the items first.

Unfortunately I am unable to take 100% of the evidence as gifted in-game item wont show up on Inventory History. The only way I can think of to verify the transaction is by adding him and look into his inventory for said bundle with a dedication message "thanks". Also, I only found out about steam rep after the scam so I am not able to follow the guideline regarding evidence so time stamps will not be present in the the chat log and it is cropped. My apologies

More and more victims are falling into his poisonous claws as we speak so I pledge for him to be punished as severely as digitally possible and as fast as humanly capable. Sorry for any inconvenience caused and I wish for an update over his ill-fate soon.

Thank you for reading,
    a-very-angry-scam-victim.​

Provide Evidence:
    • First screenshot is our entire conversational exchange regarding the trade, my apologies for not following the guideline as it is cropped and timestamps are not present, I am unable to fix it as he had already removed me from his friends list and blocked me. Once again sorry.
      View attachment 218803
    • Second screenshot is one of his many offers, he uses his fake commendations to persuade his victims into gifting him the item first
      View attachment 218807
    • Third screenshot is another one of his offers, as you can see Cyrax immediately jumps at the chance when people offer him giftable-only sets while ignoring legitimate trades.
      View attachment 218808
    • Fourth screenshot shows all his offer, he has been offering the same thing for days now, if he is indeed a fair trader, don't you think he'd be finished trading his Pudge set by now? Considering all the offers he got.
      View attachment 218810

Attached Files:

2. ThatAngryMan

ThatAngryMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53480681
    Update #1: I have managed to get a hold of one of his friends, I have requested her to take a screenshot for me which shows the Anti-Mage bundle I sent to him.
    cyrax scam inventory.jpg
  3. S A M C R O

S A M C R O New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2413578
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918