1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198074329956 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by BasherBoo, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BasherBoo

BasherBoo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78355547
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198074329956

Victim profile: 76561198116976822

What happened? Description:
    I recieved a message from someone that I haven't spoken to in over two years stating that they had accidentally reported my account for item duplication. He then proceeded to say he knew someone that was dealing with them that had just banned his friends account and now the same was going to happen to me if I didn't add them and message them. He sent me a video of someones account getting trade banned (With the account doing as such covered over)(https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd...926/23FEA71854C7C437256F8AC18860F5AB65554E2C/) and then proceeded to send me another video reading a message stating that an account they reported had been dealt with (https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd...665/FA979666D175857A3C145F5A6D97CC6F21F84792/). I was then told I had an hour to message the account and he sent me the following account: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084097001

After I told him I'd be reporting his account for attempts to scam he unfriended me. This is the exact same scam that has been attempted on me before and that one of my friends fell for. If I had followed through they have a script they use that they then say something along the lines of "It's not your fault. Some of the items you've recieved are dirty. You won't get banned as long as you send me these items and I'll clean them for you". This should be clear from the way the chat was going that this is what they were attempting.​

Provide Evidence:

[16:44]
    Plassy:
    hey are you there?

[16:44]
    BasherBoo:
    Hi

[16:45]
    Plassy:
    i need to talk you right now because i may have done something by accident

[16:45]
    BasherBoo:
    ?

[16:46]
    Plassy:
    i reported you to steam support for having duplicated items instead of someone else

[16:46]
    BasherBoo:
    lmao doubt it'll do much then as I have like no items

[16:47]
    Plassy:
    i was on panic attack because he banned my friend's account
    https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd...926/23FEA71854C7C437256F8AC18860F5AB65554E2C/

[16:47]
    BasherBoo:
    Right but if you had accidentally reported my account whats telling me gonna do

[16:48]
    Plassy:
    i keep telling to the support that you are innocent but he did not listen to me

[16:50]
    BasherBoo:
    If i get trade banned it makes no difference to me because I dont trade
    soooooo

[16:52]
    Plassy:
    he sent me a video and now i'm worried to your account
    https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd...665/FA979666D175857A3C145F5A6D97CC6F21F84792/

the problem is he only gave you 1 hour to add him to clarify the issue or else you will take the ban this is the support's profile
    Steam Community :: LanetheGreat
    Sometimes it says I'm offline, but I'm not. When in doubt, send a friend request i'll accept and send a direct message. If I'm really offline I'll get to it as soon as I'm on.
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084097001

hes the one who banned my friend please add him and tell him that you are innocent and it just an accident please help me out here im very sorry :/

[16:55]
    BasherBoo:
    Strange hes not a moderator hmm
    Also they would message me directly, they wouldn't message you to message me

[16:56]
    Plassy:
    but he banned my friend
    and i don't wan't you to get banned too

[16:57]
    BasherBoo:
    I dont see any proof

[16:57]
    Plassy:
    its up to you but he give you an hour to add him and talk to him

[17:00]
    BasherBoo:
    Well here's some information for you 1. He's not a valve employee (They get given a badge to prove they are) 2. If my account was under inspection then you receive a message (like an invite) stating as such 3. If that was the case as you are explaining then they would be emailing me as well as personally messaging me, not sending a message through you 4. The "video evidence" you sent is just a basic one from the web, otherwise he would have included his profile at the top in it
    now i'll be uploading this s✿✿✿ to youtube as well as reporting you and that account for attempts to scam including this chat log

Attached Files:

2. BasherBoo

BasherBoo New User

Steam:
    -Currently in conversation with the account that was linked to me-
  3. BasherBoo

BasherBoo New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    | steamname: LanetheGreat
    | steam3ID: [U:1:123831273]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:61915636
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084097001
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198084097001

Don't embed images - just upload with a period if you have to.
    The LanetheGreat account says on profile they were hacked..did you report BOTH accounts to Valve yet?? IF no do that asap!
    Also since you were clearly friends with the accused for a long time - don't you think its odd they do this all of a sudden? This is a common message tactic for an account that was hijacked.
    I suggest you contact them outside of steam if you can and/or contact them again later to see if they recovered the account. If not they must submit a steam support ticket and post here with proof they recovered it thru steam support.
    @BasherBoo
  5. BasherBoo

BasherBoo New User

Steam:
    That account has only changed their info stating "I was recently hacked" since I had spoken to them (as the Profile Pictures have also changed). Due to the comments still being disabled I have a feeling it may still be compromised, although unknown. Due to their account supposedly being hacked I wouldn't be suprised if the original account that messaged me was also. Both accounts were reported at the time but due to the possibility that they won't recieve any infractions I believed that Steam Rep would also be worth a shout as a warning to others.

I only know the account that originally messaged me but only through steam so I am unable to let you know whether they gain control of their account back or whether it is actually hijacked. If there's any more information I can give please let me know.
  6. BasherBoo

BasherBoo New User

Steam:
    As seen in this photo, after just checking Plassy's account, you can see that other users on his friends list have recieved the same message and someone who possibly almost fell for it stating what happened at the end of the scam. I have been blocked by that account since stating that i would be reporting them.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well we don't take hijacking reports and this leans towards more of a hijacking than anything on both accounts.
    When you report someone here that was hijacked you apply a unneeded burden on their account..reports don't get deleted so I'm sure you can see what I'm saying.
    Contact both accounts again in a few hours and see if situation changed any.
    Unblock and contact again perhaps tomorrow even we need to make 100% sure.
  8. BasherBoo

BasherBoo New User

Steam:
    I won't be able to contact them as I have been blocked by both accounts. Although as you can see this is the exact same situation with
    Report: 76561198157853829
    and
    Report: 76561198799693818
    where others are stating they are also asking for trade links to see "stolen items"
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not touching the other account - unable to verify identity to it.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.