1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198074622530 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by cLy, Jun 20, 2015.

1. cLy

cLy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20321913
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198074622530

Victim profile: 76561198000909555

What happened? Description:
    The accused added the victim and having reviewed his profile the victim accepted. However, having seen that this was apparently a very reputable trader, the 'victim' checked his steamrep for anything suspicious only to find a report of an unconfirmed scam. So, with no intention of completing a trade, the 'victim' decided to find out whether this very reputable trader would in fact try to scam him. He did.

Offering a paypal payment of well above market price, he send a gift confirmation through paypal. This is a well known scam technique and the payment can be cancelled by contacting ones bank and reporting the relevant credit card stolen. The 'victim' called the proposed buyer out, and he confessed in a manner of speaking with "So close". Review the chat logs attached.​

Provide Evidence:
    Attached full chat history from start to finish along with the proposed payment. As you can see the name on the payment matches the steam profile. He didn't manage to scam me but I submit this in the hope that reputable traders like him don't get away with scamming players. Makes no difference to my life if this report is taken into account, but maybe it will save someone some anguish.​

Attached Files:

2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    This is really confusing to read when you write in the 4th person view the whole time.

He sent you an invoice, not money. There would be no need for him to charge you back - there was never any money sent at all. He requested money from you, and then marked it as if you had already paid him, hoping you wouldn't realize that an invoice isn't a payment.