1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198075164019 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JoentjePoentje, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoentjePoentje

JoentjePoentje New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:174435301
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Trade Offer Fraud] Using Trade Offer URL fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198075164019

Victim profile: 76561198309136331

What happened? Description:
    This scammer tried to give me a knife in offer for other skins I had. But he had "bypassed" the 7 days trade lock on skins by putting in my tradelink in his bitskins account. But you cannot do that. Also he said in my steam comments to add me, so I added him but got an text 2 weeks later, so that is suspicious too. He said he would change his trade URL to my trade URL in bitskins, so he could give me the knife to 'bypass' the trade lock. When i checked with a friend if this was even possible, it wasn't. I confronted him and his reaction was to unfriend me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please follow up in next 24hours - this is critical to have so will not delay.
    @JoentjePoentje
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Declined for lack of proper evidence and failure to follow up to verify users identity.
    This user was not found guilty of any wrong doing with what was provided per policy and could have been impersonated.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.