1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198077725160 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by nekolover08, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88732957
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198077725160

Victim profile: 76561198137731642

What happened? Description:
    So it was scammed
    Blue bought it from the fence, unaware it was a fence
    swave tells the hat is scammed and tells him to list it on the market for a cheap price
    swave buys it it and now has the scammed hat

He knew very well the hat was scammed and bought it anways.​

Provide Evidence:
    A detailed thread can be found here explaining the entire incident.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/19727-wats-happening/

Attached Files:

2. [swaveboard]

[swaveboard] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58729716
    Firstly I will be adressing Neko, steamrep mods or admins please read the backpack.tf forums thread before jumping to conclusions, blue KNEW the hat was fenced and therefore against TOS to purchase, will be attaching SS soon, thread has proof also, and he APPOACHED ME to ask how he could get rid of the hat quickly, which I then told him was to QS it on market. Basically all the info is contained in the thread so you guys have to visit it. Adressing chocolate now my friend was just selling his craft boots and asked me to offer him my max to get better offers, what is this "elaborate scam" you speak of?
  3. [swaveboard]

[swaveboard] New User

Steam:
    Also I did not violate any TOS, he was being a hostile dick and I got his back without facillitating or encouraging fences, as without me he would have knowingly bought the hat anyways. I cannot stress how important the forums thread is mods and admins of steanrep so I hope you guys and gals will take the time to visit it and give it a thorough read through. Regards~
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We need the full story here, not on backpack.tf's forums, as well as an explanation of how you're involved, preferably coming from the victim. Any screenshots you have can be uploaded to the forums by clicking the Upload a File button in between Post Reply and More Options. We can't accept content from 3rd party websites, such as forum posts or screenshots, as evidence because we have no way of ensuring such content is not later modified or deleted. We need to retain all evidence indefinitely, in order to uphold our tags for later audits and appeals. Therefore, if it's not in our own forums we can't consider it. More on evidence we're looking for: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/submission-fundamentals.60254/

In your story, be specific about what happened. If something on backpack.tf's forums is absolutely relevant, then provide a screenshot as well as a link to that specific post/resource. Provide full SteamRep blocks for everyone involved, with an explanation of their role.

Since the topic came up, I would like to remind everyone in this thread that we do not enforce prices on SteamRep, and we do not accept sharking reports (misrepresentation of value, targeting newer users, etc) although such activities may get your banned in various partner/friend communities who have different policies. We have also recently stopped accepting reports on fakerep. All that said, some "fake offers" have been accepted here in the past under certain context's and circumstances, with sufficient evidence. Whether this case meets said criteria remains to be seen.

@♡Chocolate♡ If your story describes the transaction in question, you don't need to fill out a new report. If it's a separate offense, then you do.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. [swaveboard]

[swaveboard] New User

Steam:
    Thats what I thought. Ty for clarifying.
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.