1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198079426684 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by BeezKneez, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeezKneez

BeezKneez New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87983159
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198079426684

Victim profile: 76561198136232046

What happened? Description:
    Big cum approached me with the intent to trade for my spelled festive black box and a bunch of other items with a demonflame wraith wrap worth $500 USD. Being suspicious but going with it I went on until he said that he wanted to "verify" my items. Since I tried to go with it I told him I would get one of your trusted middlemen to solve this. He then proceeded to try and get the profile of the specific middleman that I was going to ask for help. I didn't do this since I wanted to try and get the real middleman on. He sadly didn't get on at the time and I went along with his plan to get a "steam software engineer" to verify my items (his steam ID is 76561198403945260. He set the account to private though) The "steam software engineer then tried to get me to send my items to an account called "item database"(ID here 76545178627489834) I promptly declined since I'm not stupid and the "admin" proceeded to threaten to ban my account for "wasting time and not respecting his reputation). I get off of the chats and tell Big cum that I don't feel safe trading and to have a nice day. I would post more screenshots but I can't. also cant show inventory history screenshots since I didn't give the items.​

Provide Evidence:
    Images below​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You need to disable images embed in your steam chat - that helped hide what the link the user gave you or links.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

@BeezKneez make sure from now on you always get a FULL screen of all users profiles WHILE friends to add to any report.
    Mainly since I can not confirm you are reporting the right user or not. I will need the following ASAP and within the next 24hours!
    Issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide should you need assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @BeezKneez Please follow up in next 24hours!
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Rejected - I have reason to doubt the accused is correct here.
    We wouldn't want the wrong user wrongly accused so please do not submit reports here unless you can prove identity and certainly follow up to requests to prove that information.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.