1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need More Info Report: 76561198080256740 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Sot Hecks, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74184274
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198080256740

Victim profile: 76561198108634276

What happened? Description:
    Good afternoon SteamRep,

This person, Lanius X, had this morning messaged me on Steam. I did not really know who he was until he sent me a message (See Screenshot). Why? Because this person in fact has attempted to do this exact scam on me somewhere in April. He told me that he was an administrator of a CSGO gambling site and that he could use his 'admin powers' to 'make me win' every time I placed a bet on the website. His only condition was that I have to split the profits with him. That really put up a red card on my part, and plus he had absoloutely no evidence to lead me to believe this. I ask him what his site is called, it takes him two minutes to respond and it wasn't even with the correct answer. I had publicly displayed my new CSGO knife in my inventory, so I knew he had to be going after that. I called him out for saying this for that gives the house an unlimited edge as he will be earning more money from other poor souls who get caught in this. He told me it was fine, but I declined. He was then becoming increasingly persistant, as scammers tend to do. I continuously declined telling him I wanted no part in this, and he still kept going. Eventually he stopped being persistant and left me alone...
    For all of 30 seconds. He comes back, tells me that he is going to find another guy and I tell him to leave me alone. He then leaves, and I remove him from my friends list.

But he did not learn from his mistake.

I'd like to cite another report on this same person, Lanius X, from a user named Thepuffinator. Puffinator reports about this same exact scam attempted by Lanius. Except this time Lanius has made his scam seem increasingly legitamite by creating a little gambling site (how cute!) Puffinator claims that when he asked Lanius to make a player win, he made him win. Ok, ok, seems legit. That is, if those profiles were even legit, they could've been bots or something or simply nonexistant profiles. I suppose Lanius' main way of sapping skins from players would be an innocent looking deposit box, which would turn skins into credit. After a player would deposit their skins, no credit would be earned, but this person would simply just take the skin being deposited.

Today, Lanius attempted this scam on me today, AGAIN.

I sincerely hope you pardon how unprofessional my vulgarity is in the screenshot I've shown you. My vulgarity quickly shuts Lanius down, as quickly he removes me, and blocks me, just like he did with Thepuffinator. Yes he says in the post that he "can prove he is the real admin" but I already know that s*** already.

Thanks for everything, Steamrep.
    Put this dog down, if you get my drift.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    If you want an unedited screenshot where I did not underline and state the Thepuffinator incedint, please let me know.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Sot Hecks I'm unable to confirm you and this user were ever friends - can you show something to verify that please.
  4. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    Any possible way I can find that.
  5. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    I did not take a screenshot on the first occurance.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    How many times did you add this user? Check your activity maybe it says you added him there.... if you are not blocked then add him back if he accepts the last lines of chat may be visible and you can mouse over his name on the chat box to show identity.
  7. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    @ЩĄ | Horse I did not take a screenshot during the first occurance. The least you could do is to take my screenshot into consideration.
  8. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    Activity does not show that I added him, too far in the past. Also he had sent me the messages without even being added.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What do you mean sent you messages without being added?
  10. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    During the incident, I had checked if I had him on my friends list on steam, but it simply said "Add Friend" where it would be on his profile.
    Screenshots show that I had not added him today, and that he has blocked me.

Attached Files:

11. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    Pardon me that shows Friend Activity.

Attached Files:

12. Sot Hecks

Sot Hecks New User

Steam:
    These must be getting tedious for you, sir, I'm awfully sorry if I'm being a waste of your time.
    Have a nice night, I'll leave this for later.