1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198080865624 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by august, Sep 3, 2015.

1. august

august New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33944902
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198080865624

Victim profile: 76561198028155533

What happened? Description:
    Alrighty, this is the story about how I lost $13, 172 CSGO keys, and got my Paypal account shot to nearly -3000.00 USD. I made sure to count the zeros.

The story is split in two parts: 1. Where I don't trust him, and 2. Where I trust him. He scammed me on #2.

#1, I don't trust him.
    He adds me, and right off the bat is really, really excited to send me hundreds of dollars. He sends using the wrong methods, wrong format, where I have to continually refuse payment from him. The red text is the clear indicator of a scam; "Oh sorry I sent it wrong, here's another $400.00 can you send me even more keys ;)?" He even tosses in a premature "free keys plz" offer, which is hilariously denied. There's probably 600 keys in that offer.

http://imgur.com/a/Bt5kz

In hindsight, it's pretty easy to see I should have stopped there. I haven't sent offers, so I haven't lost anything. But he comes back willing to do it my way, and I grudgingly accept.

#2, I trust him.
    Over the course of about 3 days or so he buys nearly 1500 keys from me, totaling payments to nearly $2700. Look at that album...an insane amount of keys.

http://imgur.com/a/QLdxj

I thought I hit gold, because I thought my method of payment was safe. It wasn't, and I woke up on Tuesday with, well...

http://i.imgur.com/E2afQEr.png

Provide Evidence:
    Proof of the initial trade agreement: nice_scam 6.jpg
    Proof of the broken agreement or scam attempt:

Attached Files:

2. august

august New User

Steam:
    Apologies, accidentally hit submit prematurely. Here's more of the "Provide Evidence:"

Proof of the broken agreement or scam attempt: nicescam_5.jpg and hah.jpg. The reversals were from another Paypal account he made, hence the different name.
    Proof that you verified the identity of the person: nicescam_5.jpg and http://imgur.com/a/QLdxj for the trades I made with him.

Attached Files:

3. august

august New User

Steam:
    A paste from my ledger, showing that I accepted 5 transactions from him before he reversed all of them in hah.jpg
    S 50K 1.90 BP -50K P +95.00 World While
    S 300K 1.90 BP -300K P +575.00 World White 5.00 overpay
    S 400k 1.9 P +760.00 World While
    S 500 CSGO 1.90 P +950 World White
    S 231 TF2 40 CSGO P +514.90 World White

These don't exactly match up to the amount reversed, I suppose it's an accounting error on my part.
  4. ☢|toxic.rot|☢

☢|toxic.rot|☢ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45509834
    That really, really sucks dude. You should really get legal support (lawyer, etc.), because this is illegal (like most scams)
  5. august

august New User

Steam:
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do.
  6. ScorchingVenom™

ScorchingVenom™ Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74998026
    Hello @august ,
    Did the accused happen to block you after the event? If so, may you please send us a screenshot of it un-cropped?
  7. august

august New User

Steam:
    Thanks for responding. He hasn't blocked me. I'm assuming the event you're looking for is the aftermath conversation? I don't have a screenshot, but I did save the logs.

august LF demo contract: well good job on the scam, you actually made me more money than what you scammed me for hahaha
    august LF demo contract: and i had $0 in the account so no harm done to me
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: nO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    august LF demo contract: well see you later i guess
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: I NOT SCAM YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    august LF demo contract: heh sure. It's my fault about the $344, i guess i wont be getting that back
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: MY PARTNER JUST OFFLINE IDK WHY
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: he got 10 000 $
    august LF demo contract: I'm sure lol
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: maybe he online tomorrow
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: i pay from keys
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: i need partner you
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: i need keys per day
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: just some problems

Well, there it is. There's a slight possibility he middle-manned the trade, and had a trading partner send me the money and pocket the keys. I have that user's info as well, but I can't actually prove he was involved in any way. All I know from my perspective is World White traded me keys and the Paypal money.
  8. august

august New User

Steam:
    The chargeback happened while I was offline (sleeping), so I was only there to document the aftermath and subsequent conversation.
  9. ScorchingVenom™

Steam:
    May you provide us with the supposed trading partner? We need all the information we can get. Thanks!
  10. august

august New User

Steam:
  11. ScorchingVenom™

Steam:
    According to the report that the Secondary-accused has on him, is a relative situation on a charge-back PayPal scam.
    Briefly, almost the same amount of USD in this case. However, instead of TF2 items, was used with CS:GO AK Vulcan.
    Somali also seems to have a +rep on his account, by another user one year below him and 0.25k hours (which I suspect is a bot, and would go under the fake reputation scheme).
    With that said, he is relative to two valve-banned accounts, and one of those two are reddit banned.
  12. august

august New User

Steam:
    That's very interesting. We have to take the word of the accused here... (logs from yesterday)
    august LF demo contract: Who payed me? Was it you or him?
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: ?
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: my partner
    august LF demo contract: He did a credit card reversal for all the transactions. I'm -$2800 lol
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: f✿✿✿
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: idiot
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: :(
    With this new info, we can see World is (possibly acting) oblivious to the fact that he indirectly scammed me. But, I see no reason for Somali to work with World White besides the idea that Somali wants to avoid people seeing his report, and wants to continue scamming (as he did to me) through a middleman scammer (World White).

With the new info, we kind of have to accuse both. That about settles it. If they pipe up or anything new comes up, I'll be sure to assist in an appeal if either of them turn out to be innocent. I wouldn't want to ban a legitimate trader, but both here appear to be involved in a charge-back scam. If you have any other concerns please let me know.

Sidebit on integrity: With that said, you'll have to trust my word that Somali added me, said "hi I trade with world white," as well as the fact that Somali also attempted the same type of scam on another user. I'm confident in both facts.
  13. ScorchingVenom™

Steam:
    For now, I will need to remain equal for both sides if anything pops up. Sides can change quickly, y'know.
    But anyhow, thank you for being patient and working with us. A SteamRep admin will be here shortly to decide a verdict and/or statement.
  14. august

august New User

Steam:
    A paste from my other trader's conversation with him. Looks like he's trying the same trick.

Torres =D (1): 15:01 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: now can buy 100
    15:01 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: and 450 later
    15:01 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: ok?
    15:02 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: give pp
    15:02 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: 200 usd for 100
    Torres =D (1): 15:02 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: i can buy all but from part
    15:02 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: 100-100-100-100-100-50
    15:02 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: now
    15:02 - World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: ok?
    Torres =D (1): 1 year ago
    Torres =D (1): i got scammed like this
    Torres =D (1): $180
    Torres =D (1): and it feels like it's the same guy
    Torres =D (1): they buy steam accounts with lots of hours
    Torres =D (1): and they start scamming
  15. august

august New User

Steam:
    Well, there it is.

World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: haha
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: bb
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: gg
    august: How do you think I trust you lmao
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: i am buying new steam account
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: ;)
    august: Great do that
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: good luck
    august: yeah you too
    World White B>CS:GO keys 2$: дурак
  16. august

august New User

Steam:
    Accidentally closed the chat tab before he blocked me. He proudly admitted he scammed me, so that about settles it for World White. If I were you, I would also pit this against Somali as well, but it's up to the admin discretion for that decision.
  17. august

august New User

Steam:
    i look forward to your response
  18. august

august New User

Steam:
    any update?
  19. august

august New User

Steam:
  20. ScorchingVenom™

Steam:
    Please wait patiently for a SteamRep admin to come.