1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198082597875 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Salmon, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198082597875

Victim profile: 76561198002272483

What happened? Description:
    Added me. Said he wanted to buy my knife. Said he was fine going first, but needed to screenshare with me to do it. Obviously, there is zero reason to want to screenshare except in order to try to hijack, hack or steal from me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Obvious scammer.​

Attached Files:

2. Mesredi

Mesredi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61166073
    I don't see how asking you to screenshare just to assure you're not chatting to people about scamming me etc using ANY screensharing program (not Remote).

I guess I was too overprecautious - but I've been scammed loads. Definitely wasn't trying to scam you here - what on earth could I do with join.me?
  3. Mesredi

Mesredi New User

Steam:
    Skype would've done fine for me.
  4. Salmon

Steam:
    At the very least, any of them would've given out my IP.

I have literally never seen any reason that screensharing is necessary to have a trade go through. Let's say that I only allow a program I know is only giving view, not control, and I am a scammer - I could easily hide anything being shown that you wouldn't like. While you could record the transaction, you would gain literally no more proof than recording your own screen.

Let's say that you're a scammer, which is what I believe to be true. In my best case, I know my programs and only let you have viewing access, not control. You realize this, can't complete your scam, back out halfway through and now have my IP to do with as you please. In the worst case, you get lucky and I install a program that gives you control, and boom, my whole inv is gone.
  5. Mesredi

Mesredi New User

Steam:
  6. Salmon

Steam:
    So? There's still absolutely zero reason that you would need me to screenshare, except for something nefarious.
  7. Mesredi

Mesredi New User

Steam:
    in my eyes I felt that it would be much safer if I could see you had it ready etc
    I didn't realise that this could be linked to scammers - I won't ask for it in the future. Just please understand I was trying to be precautious - look at my profile It's my main profile :/ 2 years old
  8. Salmon

Steam:
    Age of your account means nothing.

There are tons of reports here where the victim was asked to screenshare by the scammer, agreed, and then the scammer forcibly took their items.

There are zero times - literally zero - where screensharing helped a trade go smoothly.

I told you exactly why screensharing wouldn't be a good idea, and you still insisted on it.
  9. Mesredi

Mesredi New User

Steam:
    Well man I deeply apologise and it looks like I won't ask for it again. Didn't realise there's a method out there where people scam through it?
  10. Mesredi

Mesredi New User

Steam:
    But yeah @SteamRep Admins promise this'll be the last. Looks like I'll stick to OPSkins for deffo.
  11. Fallon

Fallon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:64390107
    This isn't over yet. He changed his steamname and s✿✿✿.
    Yesterday he scammed a Stattrack AWP Hyperbeast MW. Wish I knew of steamrep before the trade.
  12. lololol

lololol New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:197474611
  13. lololol

lololol New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:197474611
    he should get banned,these 2 reports from 2015 never got checked by admins,and he may have been scamming other people
  14. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, while it may seem fishy, asking to screen share does not prove intent to scam, as such I will have to archive this report.

Thanks.