1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198082764307 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mikey Mike, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikey Mike

Mikey Mike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95336250
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198082764307

Victim profile: 76561198150938228

What happened? Description:
    I play on a CS:GO trade server called "Rise trading" on the community server section and I recently had unboxed a Skeleton Knife Fade in the server. A guy by the steam name of "A" had also usually been on the server a lot, he was well know and traded a lot and had a expensive inventory. One day he said "I wouldn't pay over 800 dollars for that knife." So I held his word and said "Ok, lets do it for 800." We talked in a private room in the server discussing about how much the knife costs and stuff like that. He also explained to me how sending money to my PayPal worked. During this time the knife I believe had either been off trade ban or close to the seven day trade ban ending. So we talked again once it was off trade ban. Once we started talking he asked me to send it to his alt account: (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198386618759) formally known as "Sb" during the time he scammed me. He wanted me to send it there because he said its his smurf account. Seeing that he appeared to be a big trader and that he was being legit because everyone on the server knew him (he was not just a random..), I didn't mind. So i sent it to him.. After that he kept saying the money was pending or that it wasn't working. After that I received no reply for about 5 days. I have been trying to message him, so on the 6th day I let an admin know on the trade server and we began to unfold this. They have been able to contact him and ask him whats going on. He initially claimed that he would return the knife once it was tradeable but instead used that as a lie from getting banned from any servers. There is so much proof of him admitting that he's scammed me. Also he has now traded the knife over from his alt to his main account "A". (as shown in comments)​

Provide Evidence:
    All evidence is shown in screenshots​

Attached Files:

2. Mikey Mike

Mikey Mike New User

Steam:
    knife in his main account

Attached Files:

3. Mikey Mike

Mikey Mike New User

Steam:
    first contact with him since i traded the knife

Attached Files:

4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    | steamname: poogchamp
    | steam3ID: [U:1:426353031]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:213176515
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198386618759
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/LULNOOB
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198386618759

@Mikey Mike Your private friends setting is making this difficult to review considering theirs is too..that may cause issues.
    I'll need to see friend activity where it shows you adding this user.
    Also
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade.. full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Does not matter if you've done it before..do it all again.
    Also all of the chats of someone else talking to this user is not acceptable evidence - only reviewing what is between you and the accused.
  5. Mikey Mike

Mikey Mike New User

Steam:
    I'm not to sure what you mean by "I'll need to see friend activity where it shows you adding this user.". I've set my friends to public. i just need this one that i don't understand.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok that shows you were in contact/traded with the other account but not the accused - I need proof you were in contact with accused.
    Can you take a full screenshot of your friend activity showing you adding them?
  7. Mikey Mike

Mikey Mike New User

Steam:
    Right, well how do i say this... I'm not seeing that, and ive scrolled for over 30 mins down to october even. i see it says ive added his alt but not the main. We have messaged so clearly ive added him before i just dont see it, the admin who has got in contact with him did say that he said "this account is unreachable". could it be because of the username being in different font. I'm asking for help lol
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well I have to connect you to the accused - that is the account you accused. I didn't create the report so I don't have this information.
    I can only go off of what you provide me. I'm not interested in contact that someone else had...this is your report not theirs.
    I need to verify by ID not username also.
    Had you not been private with profile friends then I may have been able to see this but that is a choice you made.

The situation is you said you messaged - but if I only see a name that isn't good enough. You have to verify by ID since there are other users with similar names.
  9. _Blizzard_

_Blizzard_ Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102035596
    Hey Horse,

I'm the trade server admin that's been assisting Mikey on filing this report since he is super new and inexperienced to trading. I hope you don't mind. I understand that you wanted only to review evidence between the victim and the accused. I have some of my own evidence of the accused user of him in chat logs with me admitting to him doing it all, thinking that he couldn't get banned since it was done on his alt. I was wondering if I could verify the connection through my end connecting it to his steam ID. If not that is totally understandable. I understand why you guys are super strict about this whole procedure, just want to help in whatever way possible.

Thanks,
    Blizzard
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Must have evidence that shows the connection between both accounts otherwise the wrong account was likely accused improperly.
    Feel free to provide if you have something that does in fact do that.
    Conversations between another person and the accused isn't going to help with this though, it must be showing something that we can link the ID64, ID32 or SteamID3 to the account in question with the OP/Victim account.
  11. _Blizzard_

Steam:
    Doesn't the evidence of the knife being moved from his alt to his main account show that they have some sort of connection?

Attached Files:

12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm not sure how that proves anything. You can't even prove any of those items moved from one account to the other (exactly the same item) There is no ID tracking that I know of those items and an image/name/condition isn't enough for any of that.
    Aside from that we still have to prove the Victim or the Op was in fact in contact with the accused here.

At the end of the day this is where being private on any part of the profile mostly friends history will hurt this.
  13. _Blizzard_

Steam:
    Can't we show proof of the item moving through all 3 inventories through csgoexchange?
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If that shows the exact item thru the SteamID's that would show interaction that would be doable ya. Full screenshots.
  15. _Blizzard_

Steam:
    Alright so here is the current issue I ran into. There is no way to track who the past owner was because the user never registered the knife on CSGOexchange so we can't track it from there since CSGOexchange requires you to manually login to their site if you want items to register. What we can track though is that the screenshot of the trade history shows the victim trading to that alt account his knife. Previously that account had a private inventory but recently its been set to public and happens to no longer have the knife in its inventory since its trade ban ended and it was traded away. The user named A happens to be in the alt accounts friend list and also happens to have the exactly identical knife with the same exact float in which no other versions of this knife share the same float and pattern ID as this knife on the item database. It also happens to be a coincidence that the victim is blocked from both accounts. Every skin in the game of CS:GO is in fact assigned a numbered ID, float, and pattern ID.

This is the inspect link to the exact knife in question:
    steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_econ_action_preview%20S76561198082764307A17622696328D7214844603049745793

ID: 17622696328
    Float Value: 0.05296842008829
    Pattern ID: 339

Inventory of poogchamp: https://steamcommunity.com/id/LULNOOB/inventory/
    Inventory of A: https://steamcommunity.com/id/cubob/inventory/

Friends List of poogchamp: https://steamcommunity.com/id/LULNOOB/friends/

Attached Files:

16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This report is all kinds of messed up nothing short of that.

What we have is ONE account (SB) never noted the formal agreement no amount mentioned in the chat...if we had that I could just try to go backwards.
    The mobile screenshots which are very very hard to review and accept may show that but then its lacking any connection between them and the OP/Victim so can't accept that.

I keep getting Alt this and Alt that but there is ZERO evidence that we would or could accept here to link the two accounts together....just trades does not cut it.
    So what I'm going to ask here is that @_Blizzard_ you will have to provide me with some backend server logs or documentation that both accounts are of the same user otherwise this report is going nowhere fast.
    You can PM me those logs if you like.
  17. _Blizzard_

Steam:
    Totally understandable man, thank you for being patient throughout this whole report. I will talk to the server owner about retrieving any server logs that we have on the two accounts.
  18. _Blizzard_

Steam:
    Good news I searched both of their bans on SourceBans and both accounts were registered under the same IP address with their steam IDs in the screenshot. I hope that helps. I will PM you the full-screen screenshots so none of that personal info gets leaked.
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Adding evidence to my post here hidden for only staff viewing.
    Any green tagged partner can inquire about this should they need to view it.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Will finish reviewing shortly.
    Thanks!
    _Blizzard_ likes this.
  20. _Blizzard_

Steam:
    Thank you for the help, it's very much appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.