1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198084520021 - (Aye I Slur / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jazz, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68370618
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198084520021 (Aye I Slur)

Victim profile: 76561198084520021

What happened? Description:
    This user added me wanting to trade $350 via PayPal for my Unusual Kill-A-Watt War Pig. After small talk and teaching me how the trade would go out, he agreed to go first. He asked for my email (which I supplied) and claimed to have sent me the money. I was suspicious that the money didn't arrive immediately but he claimed that money sent from Business Paypal accounts require 2-4 business days to process. However, 2-3 hours after doing the trade I checked my email again and realized I had been fooled into thinking that the email was actually from Paypal Support. The email account was cleverly disguised as a paypal account, but was actually made through an email-hosting website called gmc.com. I have provided a screenshot of the email below. I was naive enough to think that the email was legit and that the money would take days to arrive and traded him the hat, which values at around 10 buds.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Screenshots of your inventory history and your chat with the person you accuse would help. There is no relation to any Steam account apparent in the screenshot you attached.
  3. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    Is there any way for me to get chat history/item history right now? I didn't take any screenshots during the trade, because I didn't realize it was a scam until long after.
  4. -[FF]- Taco

-[FF]- Taco New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61483426
    Unfortunately no. I think Steam denies access to chatlogs and such to protect you. Reason being is because if you get hacked, they don't want others to see your chats.
  5. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    Okay. I don't have any screenshots of the chat. Are there any other ways I can prove that I was scammed?
  6. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    you can get inventory history from:
    go to your inventory on steamcommunity.com
    on the right hand side of the inventory tab is the "inventory history" button
    click that and screenshot the inv. history.
  7. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    Got the screenshot, but I'm unsure of how to edit my original post. Thanks for the help.
  8. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    Here is the link to a screenshot of my inventory history:
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gicz5ryumg1o14h/Screen%20Shot%202014-01-29%20at%205.02.30%20PM.png
  9. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    1. there should be a small edit botton on the lower right side of the main post. Not completely sure if thats only on sub-posts or not. If not, just edit your comment(post 8), and upload the file to the site will the upload a file button
  10. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    Nope there isn't any edit button for me. I'll upload it here:

Attached Files:

11. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62127146
    Guys, its me, Aye I Slur, and I did not scam this individual. He gave me the hat for free and now he reported me cuz he wants the hat back, but I dont want to give it back to him obviously. I promptly blocked him and his cousin for accusing me of scamming and tainting my rep.
  12. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    Looking at the email, idk what happened he probs just sent one to his own email so i looked guilty
  13. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    some guy didnt trade me cuz he thot i was a scammer -.- idk can i get reimbursement for libel?
  14. Jazz

Jazz New User

Steam:
    Why would I give it to you for free willingly? You tricked me into giving it to you for "free", because I thought you had paid me already...
  15. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    Uh... cuz you didnt care about the value then you changed your mind?
  16. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    ur cousin keeps adding me :p
  17. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    srsly f✿✿✿✿✿✿ hell i was going to make a trade with a dude but he blocked me cuz he saw this post
    can anyone do anything about it. This guy made a false report and now no one wants to trade with me.
  18. Bubba

Bubba New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50337918
    Hi I am the cousin of Jazz and have chatted with Aye I Slur and his friend irl personally. From talking to the two I have gathered information to further validate that the user: Aye I Slur, did in fact scam/shark my cousin. I have screenshots of tidbits from the screenshots. Aye I Slur's alibis have been fluctuating from claiming that he had paid and the transaction would take 2-4 days as well as saying that my cousin had given it for free. He has blocked me after i have questioned his motives and whether or not he has scammed. Once I spoke with his friend his friend told me to add Aye I Slur again and then proceeded to claim my cousin "is an idiot" for falling for his scams. I cannot provide the screenshot of this where he claims to have sold the hat already because he has blocked me after this conversation. Also due to prolonged conversations some of the past records have been lost. If the user: Aye I Slur had not done the scam, ask yourself, "Why is he blocking him if he is innocent, isn't that a little harsh?" His friend also has claimed that Aye I slur has been sharking other individuals of their unusuals.

Attached Files:

19. Bubba

Bubba New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50337918
    Here I have more evidence against user: Aye I Slur who has recently changed his name to "Beef Patties" when I readded him this is the conversation I salvaged in which he tells another story in which he did pay for the hat. He also calls my cousin and idiot ...

Attached Files:

20. Banana 2

Banana 2 New User

Steam:
    I changed my name only cuz i wanted to change it; my name has been "Beef Patties" in the past. Screenshot (5) shows what I said when I just wanted to get Bubba off my ass. Tbh, I lied and said I sent Jazz some money after being harassed constantly. However, I did not make a fake email. After being harassed more and more, I just blocked both of them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.